Visit My Other Web Page:

Wednesday, September 16, 2009

September 16, 2009 Wednesday Dinner Time

The Pet Shop Boys concert last night was Absolutely Fabulous.

Monday we watched our usual CBS lineup on TV. Went to bed about 10:30. We did watch Jay Leno at it's new time. Was a good show Monday night. So I guess we did deviate from our usual TV viewing.

Tuesday I worked another 9-3 shift working at the warehouse with my tenant. He is a good worker and honestly keeps up with me which is not easy to do. I can be quite intense when I work. My thought is..........get it done and get home. So I work fast and do it right the first time and call it a day. My kind of work. Last night was the Pet Shop Boys concert. WOW. I have to say this was the BEST concert I have ever seen. BEST. Prior to leaving for the concert Tony and I were not getting along. I finally got out my stack of Pet Shop Boys CDs which is over 10 not including cassettes and double CDs. Most are imports that I actually paid for and didn't download for free at one point. I have every CD they have ever released. He could care less about them. Well, I held them in my hand in front of Tony's face and said "listen, I love this group this much. I going to have a good time at this concert so don't fuck it up. Do you understand?" I continued with "you see all these CDs, I have spent hundreds of dollars on these guys because most of these CDs are imports. That is how much I love the Pet Shop Boys." My tone of voice was priceless I am sure. He got the message for a while. We got to the concert and it was a huge gay event. You could pick the straight guys out of the crowd as they held tight to their woman. Too funny. I tried taping the concert on my cell phone but it turned out terrible. In the beginning of the concert the dancers all were costumed like building blocks and had a huge square on there heads so you could not see them. They danced in sync with the music. The stage was these huge white blocks that build walls as the show went on. Two construction guys were constantly part of the show changing the wall of blocks. At the end of the concert during Tear Down the Walls the entire wall fell forward held up by ropes. It was SO COOL. We had 15th row isle seats. Perfect view. I actually stood or should I say danced in the isle the entire concert as did everyone else. That is everyone else but Tony. About the third song in out of the corner of my eye I see Tony start to sit down. SIT DOWN. Everyone is standing and dancing and he wants to sit down and not see the show or enjoy dancing with everyone. I gave him the look of death and he immediately stood back up. Unbelievable. He then got very irritated me asking him for his cell phone to take pictures since my cell phone was taping the sound from the show. We had many loving looks. LOL Nothing was going to spoil my fun and he did not. They did every song I wanted to hear but two songs. It was a sold out show. By the end of the show all the dancers were now in tights and stuff dancing while he sang. The costumes were so cool. I will get the pictures off Tony's cell phone and post them if they turn out. I did go down to the front at times to get some good pictures. Everyone was there to have a good time (except Tony) and it was just a big dance party. When we got home we had to watch the 2 hour season finally of Big Brother which had us up until 1 AM in the morning. No sense in not watching it then or it would be old news by today.

Today I worked another 9-3 shift and my back is killing me. We will most likely go out to a car show or for burgers for dinner tonight. Then it will be an early night in bed with Stella because tomorrow morning I have to drop her off at the vet for her knee surgery and not be able to pick her up until Friday. I will be a basket case. Poor Stella, she has no idea the pain she is going to be in after the surgery for a time. Plus I will be a basket case just leaving her over night which is a good idea in this case. The weekend is for Stella once I pick her up on Friday. I will most likely spend the weekend on the floor laying with her to comfort her. Poor girl. I will write to let you all know how her surgery went immediately after the doctor calls and give updates all weekend. How are we going to carry a 65 lb dog outside for a couple days to go to the bathroom? I don't have that strength anymore. Plus keeping the other 3 dogs calm and not barking to disturb Stella will be very difficult. Should be a fun weekend. NOT. Picked up my new medications which I updated on the side bar. Pravastatin 40 MG for Cholesterol which replaces Simvastatin 20 MG, and Doxazosin 2 MG for prostate replacing Flomax .4 MG.

No comments:

Post a Comment