Visit My Other Web Page:

Saturday, September 18, 2010

September 18, 2010 Saturday Late Morning

My tooth got pulled this morning. It is gone.

Thursday I spent the day grouting the new bathroom tile I put up earlier in the week. It took all day and was not a fun job to do. I still have a lot of clean up and fixes to do, but for the most part the main tile is grouted. I did contact ARCW to see if the dental appointment at the Oral Surgeon would maybe be covered someone by them since it is a referral. I was happy to hear it might be. I picked up my xrays around noon along with the referral. I will only have to pay for the IV if I have it done. The other dental expense is covered under the Ryan White Act. Thursday night we spent the night watching the CBS lineup on TV.

Friday morning I got all the paperwork for the lawsuit against the guy that screwed Tony out of $10,000 together. I went to the copy store and made three copies of the originals. One copy for Jerry, one copy for the judge and one copy for us to refer to during the court case. We go to court on Monday at 9 AM. I am very sure Jerry will not be there because he would have to have a police person bring him from Dodge County where he is being held, down to Milwaukee. Either way, even if he doesn't show getting a judgement will mean nothing because he has no money. We will garnish his jail wages. Even if it is $5 a month, it is $5 less he can spend on himself. Had lunch with the guys at Baker's Square and came home and took a 2 hour nap. I was still very nervous about Saturday mornings dental appointment to have my wisdom tooth pulled, for the second time this week. Tony came home from work around 6 PM. Neither of us was hungry so we just ate some fruit and pie we brought home from lunch at Baker's Square. Went to bed around 10 PM. I took one of my anxiety pills so I would hopefully get a good night's sleep prior to the tooth pulling.

This morning at about 5 AM huge thunder storms rolled through Milwaukee waking Tony, the dogs and I. At that point it was time to get up because the bowels were moving like they do every morning from the meds. I could not have anything this morning. No coffee, no pills, no breakfast, nothing prior to the dental appointment at the Oral Surgeon. We left the house around 8:15 and got to the dental office at 8:45 AM. My appointment was for 9 AM. I was a basket case. Shortly after 9 AM they called my name to start the extraction. My palms were sweating like crazy. I sat in the dental chair and explained all my fears. The oral surgeon said we should go with the IV from what he heard. All I remember is this: The dentist first put gel on my gums to numb them. He then put in the IV in my left arm. I was also given laughing gas, a very low dose, prior to the IV. Honestly the next think I was being told it was over. WHAT? When did it all happen? I don't even remember getting the shots in my mouth much less the tooth being pulled out of my face. WOW! I will make sure I go to an oral surgeon if I have a tooth pulled in the future. I was in an out in less than and hour, and the only pain I felt and can remember is the IV going into my arm. That's it! I am so glad this is over. Tony drove me home and I have already changed the gauze once. I took a pain pill knowing what the afternoon will be like. The pain is starting to set in so I know the Novocain must be wearing off. Now the pain begins. I am such a baby when it comes to pain. So, I made it through the wisdom tooth removal alive. I would recommend an oral surgeon to anyone having a tooth removed, rather than a regular dentist. Have no plans the rest of the day but to watch TV and do nothing but take pain pills. I will let you know how today goes tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment