Visit My Other Web Page:

Monday, September 20, 2010

September 20, 2010 Monday Dinner Time

Spent Saturday afternoon napping from the oral surgery I had earlier in the day. Saturday night Tony was still working on the bathroom so I made soup and sandwiches for dinner. It was all I could eat. Saturday is much a blur and I think I don't remember much from the day due to the surgery in the morning.

Sunday I we woke up by 7 AM and got up to feed the dogs and read the Sunday Milwaukee Journal. I made eggs and bacon for breakfast. My mouth hurt a little bit but not as much as I had thought it would having a wisdom tooth pulled a day earlier. It was a cloudy cool day in Milwaukee. We went to a car show around noon and stopped off for lunch on the way home. Sunday afternoon Tony continued to work on the bathroom and I did a little cleaning around the house. Sunday night we watched the last two episodes of True Blood from season three and topped off the night watching the last two episodes of The Gates on ABC. We went to bed around 10 PM.

This morning we both got up by 6 AM since we had to be in court at 9 AM to sue the guy who had taken $10,000 from Tony months ago when he worked for him. Our case was called around 9:30 AM. Of course Jerry never showed for the court date. Tony won the first case hands down for $5000 but when it came to the second case for $5000 the judge had a problem with the way the case was written and what Tony was suing for since it was tied into the house and the GTO he was to receive in payment. She was about to dismiss the case when I stood up and introduced myself and gave my side of the story. I told her he wrote up the complaint wrong because after 21 years together he did not listen to me. I added 'you know how they can be' to my statement. She chuckled and let me present the evidence I had. Since I had $2745 in bills I presented we were given a judgement of $2745 for that case. I gave Tony a good talking to as we walked out telling him he once again got screwed because he didn't listen to me. I told him all along the house and GTO were tied together with the evidence we had and he had to have receipts and bills for the other $5000 case. If he had just listened to me he could have presented enough bills and receipts for a $5000 judgement rather than just $2745.00. If course he looked at me and said 'I guess you were right, I am over it'. Jeez, I never get the respect I deserve. I swear I am right when I say something or I wouldn't say it at all. Either way we will never see any of the $7745 since the guy is in jail, will most likely never make anything of himself when he is released, and have nothing to garnish in the future. But, we did get our judgement. Before I dropped Tony back off at work I told him he has until Wednesday to find out what Jerry's bank account numbers are at jail so we can garnish even $5 or so a week. Anything we can take away from with guy we will. If he has no money to buy chips and candy in jail I will be happy. If he can only buy soap and toilet paper the rest of his stay, I will be happy. Tony said he will find out this information and we will garnish those wages by the end of the week. I know I will be asking all week for this information because Tony does not see the point of $5 a week, where I do. Anything is better than nothing and I want this guy to suffer in some way like we have. Came home and did a little cleaning before going to Pick N Save and doing some grocery shopping. Came home and made myself a sandwich and called my mother back since she had called and left a message while I was gone. After we talked I took a 2 hour nap this afternoon. Tony should be home in about an hour. I am making a pizza and salad for dinner and then we have to go to the hospital tonight to visit his Uncle who had heart surgery on Saturday. The Uncle lives a block or two from us and I told Tony we will volunteer to help him through this since he is 84 years old and has no one. We need to step up to the plate on this one since Tony had heart surgery and knows what he will be going through, and in his father memory. The new TV season starts tonight. I love Dancing With The Stars. The DVR will be working overtime for a while until we see which shows survive and those that do not. Tomorrow I have to do some sanding of the walls in the bathroom and hopefully repaint and touch up some areas. The sink got connected again over the weekend so it is now a functioning bathroom, it just needs to be finished. The last of the work will be the hardest.

No comments:

Post a Comment