Visit My Other Web Page:

Wednesday, November 3, 2010

November 3, 2010 My Election Review

As I went to bed last night it was becoming very clear that the Democrats were not going to do well in this election. I did not sleep well last night knowing this. Tony got up early this morning and I could hear the TV in the back ground and what I was hearing was not good. First off, this is my view, it's my blog, so I am allowed to say what I think and feel. Since I am gay, I am a Democrat. My sister in law asked me what the Democrats have done for me lately. Unfortunately I have to somewhat agree. My only response is that at least the Democrats believe we deserve fairness and equality. The Republicans want us back in the closet and don't believe there are hate crimes and injustice when it comes to gays. The Democrats would live with us, the Republicans would be happy for us to leave the country and stay silent. In Wisconsin Scott Walker, the Republican, wants to abolish the Domestic Partner Registry. Why? How is it hurting anyone? Ron Johnson said he would not hire a gay person. What? And I live in this state? Obama has had less than two years to fix the mess Bush did to this country. How much can he do when the Republicans block any and all ideas simply because they are Democrat ideas? The Republicans did not want the Hate Crimes Law to go into effect and fought it until the end. The Republicans do not want to repeal DADT because it would cause problems in the military. Problems? How is someone living their life like there fellow soldiers causing problems? Trust me, I am sure many gays in the military do not care what you look like in the shower and would not come on to you while showering. Aren't they all there to fight for our country straight or gay? Much less why is it OK for a straight soldier to talk about his relationship with his fellow soldiers but a gay person must keep it to himself? Does that really seem fair? So, you can go see your family and come back and tell your fellow soldiers about your weekend, but a gay soldier can't? As for health care, it is simply getting unaffordable to the middle class such as Tony and myself. Why is it wrong to make everyone pay for it rather than just the people who can afford it. Why is it wrong to stop the health care companies from excluding people with pre-existing conditions? Have you been to a Hospital Emergency room lately? Most there don't even have health insurance which is costing those who do more because we are picking up their tab. Don't even get me started on the tax cuts for the 1% that can afford to pay more. The upper class is not struggling in this economy, the middle and lower class are struggling. If the upper class thinks they have to down size their million dollar home or vacations, you wont see a tear from me. I haven't had a vacation in 10 years and my home is comfortable. It is not so big so I can brag to my friends how I live. On the economy. I did not agree with bailing out Wallstreet or the Mortgage and Auto makers. But honestly, if President Obama would have done 'nothing' you would have heard the Republicans bashing him about that also. The deficit is because Bush got us into 2 wars we can not afford to pay for. I could go on and on. My suggestions: Tweek the Health Care Reform, don't just scrap it. Stop bailing out businesses that fail. Stop the big wigs in Washington from giving themselves raises every year, salaries the rest of their lives, health care that is better than the public has, as well as pensions we can not afford. Make the big wigs join any Health Care Reform that is passed, if it is good enough for you and I, it should be good enough for them? Start making laws and decisions that are fair and just, not just politically for their party. As for Sarah Palin, I think she is a joke. I wish she would just go away. I pray one day one of her kids tells her they are gay. When I hear her voice I get sick to my stomach. The USA is so divided right now I see no change coming. This past election was filled with negative ads. The amount of ads actually saying what the candidates stood for paled in comparison to the negativity towards there opponent. The outside money the Republicans got to overthrow the Democrats is shameful. I propose this also: I want each state to have their representatives sign a pledge for the next election that they will not use negative ads in future elections. We the people must decide then not to vote for anyone who uses negative ads whether they are Democrat or Republican. Also, what a waist of money those ads are. If we were to add up all the money spent on negative ads we could help the poor, feed the hungry, and help the people who need it most, the middle and lower class. I guess we will all have to live with the results of this election. Now lets see if things get better or worse. I am open minded and welcome your comments, in fact I look forward to them. Enough said!

No comments:

Post a Comment