Visit My Other Web Page:

Monday, November 1, 2010

November 1, 2010 Monday Night

Woke up at 2 AM Sunday morning with a terrible stomach ache and the runs. Did not sleep well after that. Tony was up early Sunday morning with the same thing. We both had such pain all Sunday morning and spent so much time on the toilet we did not go out for breakfast with his mother. It must have been the chili I made Saturday night for dinner. Can not think of any other reason for it. I made two cans of Southwest Chili for dinner that night. It was very spicy but I think there must have been more going on here because we both had the same problem and it lasted until noon on Sunday. Spent the morning just trying to get through the day. We then took a nap for a couple hours before getting up, showering, and then going to a bar called Horny Goat for a Brew City Bully Club fundraiser. We ate at the bar and I had one drink. Got home around 5:30 PM and fed the dogs before spending the night watching Desperate Housewives and Brothers And Sisters before going to bed. Still had some stomach problems at the end of the day.

This morning I got up by 6 AM because Tony was already out of bed and reading the morning newspaper. After I fed the dogs and got him off to work I went back to bed for an hour. After getting back up I went outside in the cold and started working on the pond. Disconnected two of the pond pumps. Got one running in the middle of the pond that I can keep on most of the winter, and got the floating heater in place ready to turn on when the ice starts to form. I have stopped feeding the fish to let them know it is time to start hibernation. I then put up the two glass panels we bought on Saturday to replace the two that shattered in the wind storm last week on the side awning. After I had that all done I got showered and drove to Sears to return the garage door opener we bought on Saturday. Sears wanted to charge me a 15% restocking charge because I had to destroy the packaging it was in to get to the remote. I asked for a manager and told him he could shove the restocking fee up his ass until they come out with packaging where you can open something without a scissors. You know what I mean? These days most thinks come sealed in the hard plastic and you have to cut it open to get what you buy out. They waived the fee. I then went to Burger King for a kids hamburger meal before stopping at Walgreen's to check out the half price Halloween candy. Bought a couple popcorn balls and some peanut butter ghosts. Came home and took Stella for a walk around the block before I took a little nap with the dogs for about an hour and a half. Taking Stella for a walk daily seems to be the best thing for her knee. Was tired from all the work and driving to Sears, hence the nap. After I got up I walked across the alley to have coffee and gossip with the neighbor for a bit before returning home. Waited until 5:15 PM to feed the dogs. I have to start feeding them later and later as the week goes on because when we turn the clocks back next Saturday they will be looking at me at 4 PM to get fed. So I start adjusting the time as the week goes on so it is not such a shock for them. The sun just went down and boy does it get cold and damp outside. It was close to 50 degrees today and sunny. But when the sun goes down the temperature heads south to the 30s. Will spend the night watching Dancing With The Stars and Castle before going to bed. Tomorrow is election day. Get out and vote. It is not going to be a pretty election here in Wisconsin. I think the Republicans will be taking over and that scares the hell out of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment