Visit My Other Web Page:

Monday, November 8, 2010

November 8, 2010 Monday Night

Today was not a good day.

The weekend went by very fast. We did very little over the weekend but watch a lot of TV and go out for lunch and dinner once each day. We did have breakfast with Tony's mom on Sunday morning and went to Big Lot to do some shopping after breakfast. Came home and took a nap and spent the night watching TV.

This morning I had an appointment at ARCW with my new therapist. He seems OK and I see him again next week. After that appointment I came home for a short time before going to my regular doctor to find out why I have this pain above my groin area which radiates below my testicles. After being at her office for over an hour I was sent downstairs to get a PSA blood test to check for cancer and a urine test to test for, have no idea. I then finally got home and made an appointment as directed with a surgeon and a urologist. I see one next week Wednesday and the other next week Friday. The pain is up to a level 3 out of 10 so I have to do all this crap. It is not going away on it's own. My doctor is calling me tomorrow with the blood and urine tests as well as scheduling me for an MRI to see what can be seen in that area, and letting me know what date the MRI is scheduled for. Since my dad has prostate cancer it is possible it could be that. My doctor thinks it is most likely a hernia of the groin. Either way my head is just swimming right now from all this news and the possibilities that could come to pass in the future. I do not like pain, procedures, doctors, hours wasted waiting, much less the thought of surgery or a cancer treatment of some kind. I of course was hoping for a pill to correct the problem fast. Doesn't look like that is going to be the way to fix this problem. I honestly just feel like crying. Will have to do a little research on the Internet to see what the hernia will all entail if it comes to that. If it is cancer I am sure a doctor will give me my options. I am so tired of being sick and having health problems. Wasn't dealing with HIV enough? I know others go through worse things, but this is me. It is happening to me. I am going to log off and relax on the couch for the night. I feel like just going to bed and crying. If anyone reading this has had a hernia surgery or knows someone that went through it I would love some input.

1 comment:

  1. My Dad has had two hernia operations and they have both gone really smoothly. He was able to leave the hospital within a few hours of the procedure being over and spent the next few days laying around recovering. He was allergic to the medication they gave him for pain so he ended up just taking ibuprofen which seemed to keep the pain totally under control. As far a surgery goes, I think it is a pretty minor one. Good luck, you are in my thoughts. ~Megan

    ReplyDelete