Visit My Other Web Page:

Monday, March 19, 2012

March 19, 2012 Monday Afternoon

Friday night we watched the movie The Girl With A Dragon Tattoo. It was OK, but we found it hard to follow at times. Plus our hearing at our age, it seems you catch every other word or so. Went to bed around 11 PM. It was a long movie.

Saturday morning Tony went to work for the morning. I did things around the house. Around 2 PM we decided to go have lunch down on Water Street where all the drunks were celebrating St Patricks Day. Sat down in the middle of a couple hundred drunks and ate a nice hamburger. Everyone but us was drunk. It was funny to see what a mess people were and how they act when they are drunk. At one time a drunk girl came up to me and asked me what I am buying her for lunch. I said 'nothing'. I was not in the mood to deal with her. She was so drunk. I remember those days well and really don't miss them. I only miss the energy I had back then. Got home around 4 PM and spent the rest of the day outside or watching TV. Went to bed around 10 PM.

Sunday was another unbelievable weather day in Milwaukee. In the 70s yesterday and today. Went to breakfast at Ma Fishers on the Eastside of Milwaukee. Stopped off at Payless Shoes and bought a pair a sneakers. Tony bought a pair also. Stopped off at Pick N Save to buy some groceries and the weekly lottery tickets. Came home for a while until we realized there was a walk going on for a guy who has been missing for over a week in Milwaukee named Tom Hecht. He never made it home last Saturday from going out drinking and the family and city have been looking for him for over a week now. So sad. He lives right down the street from us. I did not know him personally but it has been one of those stories that tug at your heart strings seeing the father on the news each night. I did talk with the father and told him 'his son is proud of him for all the family is doing to find him'. I tried to sound positive. The father thanked me with tears in his eyes. I honestly think they will find him in the river. I bet he fell in the river on his way home from the bars last week. Closure would be nice for the family. Handsome guy 28 years old. The family has been out 24 hours the last week looking for him along with the Milwaukee police and dive teams. It is less than a mile from the bars to his house, so where the hell is he. He is not the first 20 aged male to come up missing in Miwaukee recently. Got home around 4 PM after we walked back home along the river paths. After feeding the dogs supper we grilled out some steaks on the grill with some baked potato's and a salad. The gas grill ran out of gas half way cooking the steaks, was not cooked good. Tony loves his raw, I do not. Ate about half and that was it. Spent the night watching Amazing Race, The Good Wife, and then after some lovin went to bed.

This morning I was up at 6 AM since the dogs could hear Tony in the living room and wanted to get up also. Fed the dogs and gave Vito his shot. Spent the early morning reading the newspaper. Around 10 AM I went back to return my shoes I bought over the weekend. Didn't like them after having them on an hour in the house. Return went smoothly and then I went to Big Lots to see what they had in dog beds. Last one of a kind bed had no tag on it and I told the clerk, $10 and it is sold. They finally agreed and I was out the door. Stopped off at Tony's shop to see him and then dropped him off a mile away to pick up a car having work done on it that he does not do. Came home and took a two hour nap with the dogs. It is still so nice in Milwaukee. I have been holding off putting the pond plant back into the pond from it's bucket of water it has been in all winter in the house. I figure it has to get cold again, right? It is only March. Think I might just break down and put it in the pond. I can always pull it out again if it snows. We do get snow in May here in Wisconsin some years so it is hard to say if Winter is truly over. Making a salad and pizza for supper tonight. Looking forward to tonight's first show of the season's Dancing With The Stars. Been waiting since last season ended. We do like this show.

1 comment:

  1. I found your blog by googling "tom hecht milwaukee." I am a friend of Ali Gould's Mom's. I want to thank you for mentioning Tom, and thank you for being so caring. Bonny in New Mexico

    ReplyDelete