Visit My Other Web Page:

Wednesday, March 21, 2012

March 21, 2012 Wednesday Afternoon

Got up this morning at 6 AM. Before I could feed Vito he threw up some bile. Great! Fed the other dogs as Vito walked away from his. As I was giving him a little attention to see why he was sick I noticed he has a sore on his bottom lip. Called Tony at work and asked him to come home and look at it. He said 'he will be fine', and left back for work. Typical response as I would assume. I am a little concerned and have been looking at it all day. He might have scraped it when he fell off the end of the couch on Sunday, or maybe he ran into one of the screens. Remember, he is blind. I hope it is one of those options and not something more serious. I will keep an eye on it and make a vet appointment if it gets worse or changes color. Finally got Vito to eat breakfast around 8:30 AM and gave him his shot. Talked to my mom on the phone for a while before showering and getting on with the day since it is so nice weather wise in Milwaukee. I know I sound like a broken record but this is just unbelievable. Our usual high this time of year is the 40s. We had snow on the ground last year this time of year. Our low last night was 60 degrees. The thermometer outside right now says 70 because we are so close to Lake Michigan. Go West and it is in the 80s. My sister in Oconomowoc had her air conditioning on yesterday and said she will have it on again today. It's March! We broke all time temperature records these past two days. Never since recorded has it been this hot in March in Wisconsin, EVER. Got the mail today to find a letter telling me my health care assistance will end next month due to the fact my doctor said I have been working and am working part time. I called the assistance office and had them fax a form to my doctor to fill out saying I do not work and have not since I was diagnosed HIV+ three years ago. Then called my HIV doctor to tell him to fill out the form and send it back stating I have not and do not work due to my HIV. Jeez, you would think my doctor would know I don't work. Hopefully that will be all straightened out. I need the assistance. Went for an even longer walk than yesterday around 11:30 AM. Took me 2 hours. This time I walked the trail down the the North Avenue bridge and then walked the trail on the East side of the river rather than the West side. Walked all the way to North Avenue and back home. As I was walking I thought next time I am bring a camera to take pictures to show how beautiful the river walk here is on the Eastside. Even stopped to talk to a police officer eating his lunch in his car on the trail. Talked with the neighbor for a while before laying on the couch to listen to some old disco and relax. The old disco is still playing. The song In The Name Of Love by Sharon Redd is playing. Love this song. Tonight we will go out for hamburgers since I do not feel like cooking. As I mention every year, this is our anniversary week. Twenty three years ago to this date I met Tony at the Triangle bar and we went out for coffee afterwards until about 3 AM talking. On the 22nd, 23 years ago, we had our first dinner together at Palarmo Vila, and on the 25th of March, 23 years ago, we spent the night together for the first time. So as of today we have been together 23 years. I think that is pretty good. Most marriages don't even last this long. Tomorrow night, like every year, we will go out to eat at Palarmo Vila to celebrate the first dinner we had together. Honestly I have no idea where 23 years has gone. It seems like maybe 5 years or so. I am very proud of the time and years Tony and I have been together. It has taken work and commitment. It has not always been an easy road. But in the end we have always been there together through the good and bad. Oh, and Tony got his blood test results back. He is negative for HIV and has a bone spure in his elbow. Also his cholesteral is high and he is getting a stronger pill. He does have this history and has had open heart surgery already, so we have to get the cholesteral level lower.

No comments:

Post a Comment