Visit My Other Web Page:

Monday, February 11, 2013

February 11, 2013 Monday Afternoon

Spent Friday night beginning to clear the DVR of the 43 shows on it.  Watched TV until around 10 PM and went to bed.

Saturday morning we were up at 7 AM.  Fed the dogs and gave Vito his shot.  Noticed some animal tracks in the side yard so I cued up the outside camera DVR and looked to see what animal came into the side yard.  It was my possum that comes often to eat the bread.  I just don't want him settling in under the deck like he did last Winter for a few days until I chased him out.  The dogs go nuts knowing it was in the yard, they can smell it.  Spent the morning and early afternoon watching a TV show called American Family Diggers.  There was a marathon of the show and it got us sucked in.  Actually a very educational TV show finding army artifacts and stuff buried in peoples yards.  Around 2 PM I noticed Tony starting to fall asleep on the couch so I went for a nice long walk along the river trails.  It was 32 degrees and by the time I reached home I had my jacket open and was actually sweating from the walk.  Was glad I got out of the house for an hour or so.  Wish I would have brought my camera to take pictures of the huge 12 inch thick sheets of ice that the wind has pushed up onto the shore and paths along the shore.  At times I was standing on top of these sheets of ice looking down on the river 8 feet below me thinking, how the heck did these huge sheets of ice get all the way up here.  Spent the rest of the day watching TV from the DVR.  Made hamburgers for supper and spent the night watching more TV from the DVR.  Went to bed around 10:30 PM.

Sunday morning we were up at 7 AM.  Fed the dogs and gave Vito his shot.  It rained all day on Sunday.  At times quite hard.  I did manage to walk up two blocks up the street to a corner store to buy lottery tickets before it started raining hard.  The rain did a good job of getting rid of about half the snow on the ground.  We did nothing all day because of the rain.  Took a nice nap in the afternoon which I really think was an excuse for Tony to get some lovin.  Made a frozen pizza and salads for supper.  Spent the night almost clearing the DVR of the 40 or more shows on it by the time we went into the bedroom to watch the Music Award show on TV.   After the show was over we did the lovin thing again and went to sleep.

This morning I was up at 6:30 AM.  Fed the dogs and gave Vito his shot.  Spent the morning going through my taxes and ADAP paperwork one last time making sure it is all filled out properly and got it all in the mail.  Talked to my mom on the telephone for a while.  After I had a can of tomato soup for lunch I took a short nap with the dogs.  Slept for about an hour before the phone rang and got me out of bed.  Wrong number.  Why do the always call during nap time?  Have to put a load of laundry away and get going on supper.  Making a rack of ribs, baked potato, corn and salad tonight for supper.  I love ribs and it would be my last meal if I ever was on death row.  LOL.  Will most likely spend the night watching How I Met Your Mother, Rules Of Engagement, The Following and Deception before going to bed tonight.  It got to 30 degrees today in Milwaukee but because of the strong wind it felt very cold outside.  To cold for a walk today.

No comments:

Post a Comment