Visit My Other Web Page:

Friday, February 22, 2013

February 22, 2013 Friday Afternoon

Yesterday afternoon I had a board meeting at ARCW that went from noon until a little after 2 PM.  Picked up my monthly HIV prescriptions when I was there at the pharmacy.  Came home and laid back on the couch listening to some music.  Around 3:45 PM the dogs went jumping off the couch heading for the back door.  I waited and soon Tony came around the corner into the living room.  I asked him what he was doing home and he said 'I'm home'.   I asked again, why are you home so early and he said 'because I can'.   OK.  Threw me totally off schedule and didn't even think until after dinner that I had not posted that day like I usually do.  Spent the night watching TV from the DVR before going to bed for a little lovin before sleep.   I did find out the meeting at MADACC regarding the fight dogs went very good and a lot of people including the news showed up at the meeting.  Two of our elected officials are working on new legislation so this never happen again and more importantly that these dogs are not destroyed when they as evidence are no longer needed.  I still can not believe these 15 dogs are considered evidence and not just dogs with a spirit and heart. 

Got up this morning at 6 AM and fed the dogs and gave Vito his shot.  Go up early because I knew from the night before weather report there would be snow on the ground.  Got about 5 inches of snow.  Before Tony could leave with the plow truck I shoveled the front sidewalk and back behind the garage so he could plow the alley.  If I get out there before he plows I can shovel the snow into the middle of the alley and then he can move it from there with the plow to another area down the alley.  Our area behind our house is now clear all the way to Center street.  Read the morning newspapers when I was done shoveling a little after 8 AM.  Cup of coffee sure tasted good as I warmed up from the cold.  Showered and met Tony and the guys for our usual Friday laugh therapy lunch.  Had a great lunch as usual.  Love these guys.  Came home and spent the afternoon doing some movie downloads and listening to Kelly Clarkson Greatest Hits.  Downloaded it a while ago and had not listen to it even though I knew or heard most of the songs on the radio.  Will just make some salads and chicken pot pies for supper tonight.  I most likely will have to go out and shovel before supper because it has been snowing a little, but steady, all afternoon and another inch or so has piled up on the sidewalk.  Better to get it shoveled up then have it turn to ice.  Will spend the night watching TV from the DVR.  Will most likely do a lot of that this weekend since we have no plans at this time.  My shoulder is getting better from the fall on the ice a couple days ago.  Just hurts to lay on it and reach above my head, but it is getting better.  Was a little hard to sleep last night not being able to lay on my right side.

No comments:

Post a Comment