Visit My Other Web Page:

Thursday, February 28, 2013

February 28, 2013 Thursday Afternoon

Spent last night watching The Middle, The Neighbors, Criminal Minds and CSI.  Just watched regular TV rather than from the DVR, fast forwarding through commercials, because we both were so beat from shoveling the snow.  I had a hard time even moving by the end of the night.  Everything hurt.  Getting too old to shovel that heavy of snow.  Went to the bed around 8:30 PM and watched the last of the TV shows in bed before going to sleep around 10:20 PM after the local news.

This morning I was up by 7 AM.  Fed the dogs, gave Vito his shot and got Tony off to work.  Spent the early morning reading the newspapers and then did a little painting in the basement with Killz to cover some old water spots.  I still am very sore today from yesterday's shoveling.  In fact I just took a pain pill to hopefully stop the pain.  Did have to go out again this morning and shovel the inch or two of snow we got over the night.  Tried to take a nap with the dogs but a half hour into the nap Tony showed up at home to swap cars and got all the dogs up off the bed when they heard him come in the door.  Of course I had to grab Vito, being blind, he just wanted to dart off the bed. In fact when Tony came to the bed to say Hi to him, as I had my grip on him, he almost tumbled off the side of the bed.  Tony caught him going over the side and almost fell off the bed.  Asked Tony to call if he is coming home around nap time so I don't have a dog falling off the bed like almost today.  He was out the door in no time and I could not fall asleep.  Laid there with the dogs for a while just thinking about life.  Finally got up, taking Vito with me.  Can't leave him on the bed.  Left the other three dogs to sleep and they are still in there as I type this post, sleeping.  Poor Vito.  He would be lost or hurt if it were not for me taking such good care of him.  Have to keep an eye on him now outside also with the high snow drifts.  He gets lost outside because I think the map in his head gets screwed up from the snow drifts.  Having a diabetic blind dog can be a challenge.  But I am up to it, and owe Vito for all the good years he has given me.  Making a pork roast, mashed potato, corn and salad for supper tonight.  Hopefully enough pork roast to have left overs for tomorrow night.  Will just spend the night watching TV from the DVR since there are over 40 shows piling up on the DVR.  I honestly can not believe how much pain my body is in from yesterday's and today's shoveling.  Damn, I am getting old, or maybe just out of shape?

No comments:

Post a Comment