Visit My Other Web Page:

Thursday, February 7, 2013

February 7, 2013 Thursday Afternoon

Spent last night watching American Idol, Hot In Cleveland and Happily Divorced.  Went to sleep around 10:20 PM after the local news.  Couldn't sleep so I got out my IPod and listened to Pink.  I do love her new CD and it is my favorite right now to listen to.

This morning I was up at 6:30 AM.  Fed the dogs and gave Vito his shot.  I have honestly done nothing all day but watch the snow fall.  Read the morning newspapers, watched some TV and this afternoon I laid on the bed with the dogs listening to some old Disco favorites that I use to dance to back 30 years ago.  As I was listening to them I did the math.  Wow, where has 30 years gone?  Where did all the energy I had back then dancing go?  As each song played I can picture where I danced to that song the most and why I fell in love with the song, or the person I danced with to that song back then, most likely dating them at the time.  I often wonder if people in my past ever think of me.  I do think of them.  About 15 years ago I went on this quest to find as many people that I hung out with when I was  18 to 25 years old.  I found a couple and was actually disappointed in the conversations.  I guess there friendship ment more to me than it ment to them.  It was actually sad how fast people move on and forget those in their past who helped them get where they are today and what they are today.  There are still many more I would love to find and communicate with.  One past lover I sent letters all over the country hoping for a response.  Never found the guy.  I must have sent over 100 letters to every Ruben Velez in the USA with no luck.  We dated for several months when I was in my fourth year of college.  Am I the only person who wonders if others ever think of you as much as you still think of them?  Sure would have been nice to keep in touch and know how they are doing.  Are they happy?   Did I make a difference in their life?  Would love to be able to tell them that they indeed made a difference in mine.   I actually back in my dating and coming out years wrote down every person's name I ever dated.  There were a lot, and I only found a few in my quest to find them.
The snow has been falling since this morning.  We are suppose to get around 5 inches by the time it all ends around midnight tonight.  Will most likely go out and shovel before I go to bed so that tomorrows shoveling isn't so bad from what we get over night.  Making left over spaghetti tonight since I made so much.  Have enough for two more suppers.  Since Tony could eat spaghetti every day I will heat up a plate tonight and then fry up the rest tomorrow night for supper.  Will make some salads and I will most likely just have a sandwich or something with the salad.

No comments:

Post a Comment