Visit My Other Web Page:

Monday, August 12, 2013

August 12, 2013 Monday Afternoon

Friday night we spent the night watching the past two episodes of Falling Skies.  Went to bed around 10:30 PM after the local news.

Saturday morning we were up by 7 AM.  Fed the dogs and gave Vito his shot.  Tony still needed to work on a car and go to work for the day and left around 8 AM for work.  My sister and family are in town for the weekend so we planned a lunch here in the city since they were driving in to see my nieces condo in the third ward district.  Tony, being the sometimes perfect husband, came home at 11 AM, showered and got dressed nice to meet my sister, her family and my parents for lunch.  Had a great lunch with the family.  It really is nice to get together with family and I think the older you get the more you appreciate the times together.  After lunch with the family we came home and Tony put back on his work clothes and went back to work for the rest of the afternoon.  Really was nice of Tony to come home and do this for me, lunch with the family.  I have always stressed to him how important family is and I think we are both on the same page.  Tony got home around 5 PM and I made some salads for supper.  Spent the night watching some TV from the DVR and then the movie Texas Chainsaw 3D.    It was a good horror movie and we both enjoyed it.  Went to bed around 10:30 PM after the local news.

Sunday we were up by 7 AM.  Fed the dogs and gave Vito his shot.  I made eggs and bacon for breakfast.  Around 11 AM we took Bo for a walk around the neighborhood to buy lottery tickets, buy some Danish at the farmers market and hit a rummage sale on the walk home.  Bo is getting very good at walking with us and we need to continue to get him out more.  It was funny to watch him wanting to get petted by people and the look on his face like 'why are they not petting me?'    Got home and soon it began raining.  Spent the afternoon just watching TV and took a short nap.  Ordered some lasagna for supper and had it delivered.  Spent the night watching Big Brother and then more TV from the DVR that we recorded all week.  Went to bed around 9 PM and watched an hour of TV in bed before going to sleep.

This morning I was up by 7 AM.  Fed the dogs, gave Vito his shot and soon said goodbye to Tony for the day as he walked out the door to go to work.  Spent the day doing things around the house.  Went for a walk to the grocery store right before I typed this post to buy a Cornish hen for supper and some milk and fruit.  It is again in the 70s today and sunny.  It has been like this for over a week now and looks the same going forward for the next week.  This is perfect Summer weather as far as I am concerned.  Will spend the night watching TV from the DVR and then finish off the night watching Under the Dome before we go to bed.  I still am fighting this head cold but feel like I am getting a little better today since I started an antibiotic on Saturday.  Hoping to get rid of this cold soon. I have had too many sicknesses and crap this Summer. 

No comments:

Post a Comment