Visit My Other Web Page:

Thursday, August 22, 2013

August 22, 2013 Thursday Afternoon

Spent last night watching Big Brother and then America's Got Talent Results.  At 9 PM we went to the bedroom to watch TV in bed for an hour before going to sleep.  Did the loving thing when we got to the bed.  I don't even remember what we watched so it must have been a rerun on a off channel.  The last week I have been putting bread out for the two baby possums that have been coming.  Since I have new tenants moving in at the beginning of next month with a dog, I fenced off the area where the white dog house type thing is and all the berry bushes and brush.  I then put a big wood wheel on top of the house and that is where I put the bread at dusk and then watch the possums around 9 PM.  Here is a picture so all that makes sense.
Since I have not seen a rabbit in the back yard since March I figure it is best to put the bread up on the wheel so the new dog can't get to it, even with the fence around that area.  Last night at 9 PM both baby possums showed up and I watched them eat the two pieces of bread I put out for them.  Since we live in the city and I grew up in the country, it is nice to see nature in the back yard.  As avid followers know we never had rabbits for 20 years until March of 2009, right after my diagnosis.  A rabbit showed up that March under the front bushes and it kept an eye on me for 2 years as I went through that time dealing with the HIV diagnosis.  I honestly do believe that rabbit was sent here to watch over me and give me something to live for.  I don't care how strange that sound. It is what I believe and it gives me comfort.  It sat out my front window for years in the bushes every day as I looked out the window crying and dealing with the new diagnosis.  Went to sleep after the local news which lately seems to be about all the shootings here in Milwaukee.

This morning I was up at 7 AM.  Fed the dogs, gave Vito his shot and soon Tony left for work.  Spent the early morning reading the newspapers.  Around 10 AM the rain came, which we really needed, and rained until about 1 PM.  I did things around the house.  Around 3 PM I went out back to throw some garbage away to see a baby bunny in the back yard in a hiding spot the first rabbit 4 years ago used to hide in.  I tried to walk past it slowly and it let me pass.  I did end up scaring it on my way back into the house.  I have to admit I had a huge smile seeing this baby rabbit.  I thought they were all gone since the cats killed them in March.  I guess some how one survived.  I will now have to make sure I put some bread out on the ground for the rabbit.  A shame I can't put the bread in the back yard where I can see the rabbit, but the new dog coming would then get it, it is a beagle.  Is it only me who sometimes thinks there lost friends and relatives come to them in animals?  I can sometimes walk up to an wild animal and feed if just a few feet away, by talking to it and moving slowly.  Sometimes I feel like Doctor Dolittle.  I'm not sure if it is a good thing or bad that seeing a little rabbit in my yard can bring me such happiness.  I consider it a good thing that something so small to most, is something big to me, and makes me smile.  Isn't that what life is all about anyway?  Smiling at the little things?  Noticing the little things?  Making spaghetti for supper tonight with salads and bread.  Will most likely spend tonight watching Big Brother and Rookie Blue, as well as a few shows off the DVR before we go to sleep.  It was in the 70s today and humid.  Next week is looking like a week in the 90s.  I will not enjoy next week.  Might do the computer recovery next week since I will be stuck in the house to avoid the heat.

No comments:

Post a Comment