Visit My Other Web Page:

Friday, August 2, 2013

August 2, 2013 Friday Afternoon

Didn't post yesterday because I did so very little I had nothing much to say.  Spent the day doing things around the house.  I did start yesterday morning at 6:45 AM looking out the front window down the driveway next to the construction site and where the baby bunnies are living, to see the mother rabbit in the middle of the drive closest to me, and a big cat in the middle of the drive on the other end farthest away.  I put on a pair of shoes and went across the street to chase the cat away.  Was pleasantly surprised the mother rabbit let me walk right past her, two feet from her, honestly, to walk past her to chase the cat away that was getting closer to the baby bunny nest.  I spent the day watching for the cat when ever I looked out the window.  Went to bed last night around 10 PM.

This morning  was up by 7AM.  No baby rabbits all last night as we sat up watching TV and again this morning as I looked out the window.  I even at one point walked down the driveway to see if I could see any baby rabbits.  After I fed the dogs and gave Vito his shot I started google searching 'mother rabbit moving baby rabbits', to find out that since the babies are indeed all gone, the mother at some time during the afternoon came and moved them to another spot knowing they were not safe with the cat knowing they were there.  I guess the mother will come for them and the babies will follow her to the new location.  Wish I would have seen it.  Would have been cute to watch.  Spent this morning reading the newspapers and then showered before going to lunch with the guys.  Had a great lunch as usual.  Went next door to Culver's Ice Cream to buy a quart of the flavor of the day - Peanut butter caramel.   I have tried it since I have been home and it is very good.  Went for a walk along the river trails but tired very quickly and decided to take a short cut home.  Had chest pain I was not happy with, out of breathe and just thought best to come home.  I feel fine now.  Guess I haven't been going on walks very often and I am out of shape.  It is very nice again today in Milwaukee,  partly cloudy, 75 degrees.  How much perfect could it be?  Will make some salads and left over spaghetti for supper tonight.   Tomorrow is a big motorcycle festival of old motorcycles on the side street off our alley.  Eight blocks of motorcycles and vendors.  Will be fun and where we will spend most of the day tomorrow.  There is also a big lakefront air show going on this weekend so we will most likely bike down to the lakefront to watch the show Sunday.  Have a great weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment