Visit My Other Web Page:

Wednesday, August 21, 2013

August 21, 2013 Wednesday Afternoon

Yesterday was a hot day in Milwaukee.  Not as hot as today, but in the 80s and too hot for me to do anything outside.  I did go to ARCW (AIDS Resource Center Wisconsin) in the morning to discuss the next CAB meeting and picked up my monthly prescriptions and food at the food pantry.  Came home and spent the rest of the day doing things around the house - indoors.  The air conditioning is on and I go out very little when it gets above 80 degrees.  Spent last night watching America's Got Talent before going to sleep.  I still want to do a full computer system recovery but am so afraid.  I have everything backed up and my start up disks in hand.  Just worried I am not going to get it back up and running.  I guess worst case would be I have to spend about $150 to have Windows and such put on at a dealer or computer shop.  Having small issues with the computer and a complete recovery is the only way to fix them.  It will happen soon.  I just have to be in the mood for two days of computer headache.  My laptop is all ready even if I am off line on my desktop for a couple days.

This morning I was up by 7 AM.  Fed the dogs, gave Vito his shot and soon Tony left for work.  Told him to take it easy in the heat today and gave him a bag of Popsicles for the guys and him today.  Around 10 AM I left the house for McDonald's breakfast and then the weekly grocery shopping at Pick N Save.  Came home and have done very little but look out the window and watch the construction across the street.  As I look out the window I can not believe the amount of tree leaves falling down in the wind.  It is only August, trees should not be loosing their leaves this early.  I swear the weather is all fucked up around the world.  It looks like fall in some areas here the trees are even turning colors already.  Making a big rack of beef ribs for supper tonight with mashed potato and a salad.  Will most likely spend the night watching Big Brother and then the America's Got Talent results show before we go to bed.  Tonight a cool front comes through and it will be not so hot tomorrow.  I hope we get a lot of rain tonight because we sure need it.

No comments:

Post a Comment