Visit My Other Web Page:

Tuesday, August 27, 2013

August 27, 2013 Tuesday Afternoon

Got up this morning at 6:30 AM.  Fed the dogs and gave Vito his shot.  Was soon looking out the window watching the construction workers park for the day in front of the house to work on the development across the street.  When I noticed one young guy park in the middle of two spaces leaving 10 feet in front and 10 feet in back, not enough for a car to park between his and the other cars, I went outside and tried to explain to him that parking is tight with 20 or so construction workers coming each day and he should pull up or back to the cars in front or behind him.  He continued to walk across the street and then yelled at me that I was an asshole.  What?  I am just trying to make sure he and his workers as well as us residents have enough parking and not take up two spaces with parking so limited.  I then walked across the street to nicely ask him why he would call me an asshole when I was really just trying to be a nice guy.  He went and moved his car and then called me an asshole again as well as some of the other construction workers.  What a way to start the day?  I think the construction workers need to respect us more.  We live here, they do not and we have been putting up with the noise and dust for 6 months with no end in sight.  Spent the morning reading the newspaper and watching TV.  It is very very hot outside here in Milwaukee.  The thermometer reads 86 degrees right now and it is so hot your lungs hurt to breath.  Went outside as little as possible today to feed the birds and put fresh water in their bird bath.  Did nothing all day.  Took a nice long nap this afternoon, which will come back to bite me tonight when I try to sleep.  I even had plans to make supper and now I just don't feel like it.  Will either order something delivered or go out for some food tonight.  Depends on how tired Tony is from working in this heat.  Will then spend the night watching America's Got Talent before we go to bed.  I do not like this hot humid weather and hate wasting a day like today doing nothing to stay out of the heat.  Wish I had more ambition to do things around the house.  I saw my baby rabbit again in the back yard.  Nice to see him but in 4 days I have a new tenant with a dog moving in.  I have been trying to make as many 'safe areas' as possible for the little rabbit.  Nice to see we still do indeed have at least one rabbit remaining and the cat have not gotten all of them, yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment