Visit My Other Web Page:

Monday, November 18, 2013

November 18, 2013 Monday Afternoon

First off I would like to apologize for the pop up ad that comes up when you view my posts.  I did not sign up for advertising and have stayed away from having advertising on my blog.  Blogger must be doing this on their own.  Sorry for the inconvenience.  Shame on you Blogger.com.

Friday night we spent the night watching TV from the DVR.  We do get pretty caught up on everything we record on the weekends.  Went to sleep around 10 PM.

Saturday we were up by 7 AM.  There are days like this when it would be so nice to just sleep in in the morning.  If it were not for having to give Vito some Insulin and food as close to 12 hours apart, we would have stayed in bed.  Got up and fed the dogs and gave Vito his shot.  By this time we are awake and the coffee is dripping, so going back to bed is not an option.  Spent the morning watching home improvement TV shows.  We went to see the 1:30 PM showing of Dallas Buyers Club in the afternoon.  It was a very good movie.  I feel it is my duty, or must, to learn about all the people who came before me and died in order for the drugs that keep me alive today.  So sad when you sit back and think that all those people in the movie are dead from HIV now.  It just is not fair.  AZT killed so many good people.  Was a very good movie and wish it got wider release and viewing.  (Noticed the movie was not even in the top 10 this morning from over the weekend).  Came home and ordered a pizza delivered for supper.  Spent the night watching more TV from the DVR doing a good job of clearing half that was recorded.  Went to sleep around 10:30 PM after the local news.

Sunday it was in the 60s when we woke up at 7 AM.  Fed the dogs and gave Vito his shot.  Was a strange morning and afternoon weather wise.  By 11 AM it was 65 degrees and the tornado sirens were going off.  Tornadoes around Illinois and Wisconsin.  Of course I was on the back second floor deck looking for the funnel clouds.  Thankfully we just got heavy rain, some hail at one point, and strong winds.  It did rain most of the day and I made it to the corner grocery store for lottery tickets and home, just in time for a down pour as I got to the back door.  Went to Walgreen's around 4 PM to pick up a prescription for Tony and some sale items before we walked across the street and had supper at George Webb's.  Spent the night watching Amazing Race, The Good Wife and The Mentalist before going to sleep.

This morning I was up by 6:30 AM.  Fed the dogs, gave Vito his shot and said goodbye to Tony as he walked out the door for work.  Did very little today.  A cold front came through late yesterday after the storms and it got just above freezing today.  Very windy making it feel even colder.  Figured I would not leave the house.  Moved all the Christmas decorations out of the basement in in the spare bedroom.  Will start putting them out soon.  Heck, Thanksgiving is next week already.  Took a nice nap with the dogs this afternoon.  Could have just slept or stayed in bed all day today the way I feel.  Making a beef roast, mashed potato and corn with salads for supper tonight.  Will spend the night watching Dancing With The Stars and Castle before we go to sleep.

I need to find a purpose.  I can't keep wasting my days away like this.

No comments:

Post a Comment