Visit My Other Web Page:

Friday, November 8, 2013

November 8, 2013 Friday Afternoon

Last night about 8 PM I was watching TV and Tony was in the shower when I heard this loud crash noise outside.  Something about a car crash noise you hear and then just know something is not right.  I got off the couch and looked out the window to see a car had slammed into the construction digger that was on the side of the road across the street.  For a second you look at the situation and try to analyze since it is not what you should see when you look out the window.   I ran to the back of the house to tell Tony there is an accident outside and ran outside to see if I could help.  I was the first to get to the woman in the car. She was dazed and wanted to know if she hurt anyone.  I said 'lady your the only one in the crash, are you ok?'   She said she was fine but just didn't seem all together.  I asked if she had been drinking and she said no.  The neighbors soon called the police and they arrived in about 10 minutes.  We spent the next hour watching the situation from the front window and were so surprised she never even got tested to see if she was drunk.  I think she was.  I found out this morning from a neighbor that she knew the lady and the lady knows the cops, hence no ticket for the accident or being drunk.  Gotta love Milwaukee police department.  Went to bed around 9:30 PM and after a little TV we went to sleep.

This morning I was up by 6:30 AM.  Fed the dogs and gave Vito his shot.  Got an email from the guy in Maine we were going to visit in March saying he totally understands if I cancel the trip.  I soon was on the phone with Southwest airlines and cancelled the tickets and got a complete refund.  My friend will cancel the hotel and said there will be no fees.  I felt like someone took a ton of bricks off my back when I was done canceling the trip.  Something will come along and we will do something that weekend closer to home.  We will still go somewhere but I will be close enough to home that if there is a problem we would be home in a matter of hours.  I will feel better this way and have fun.  I would not have fun worrying about my dogs for three days on the other side of the USA.  Had a great lunch with the guys this afternoon.  After lunch I went to Walmart and spent $170 on household items.  Had a lot of coupons and Walmart is the cheapest.  Tonight we are going to the friends house that helped me the day I found out I was HIV.  His partners birthday and a small get together with close friends.  Will be a nice laid back affair with a nice fire in the fireplace.  The guys from lunch will all be there too so it will be a great group of friends.  No plans this weekend.  Will be cold and hope we just stay home most the weekend except for getting some food.  Was cloudy and in the 40s today.

No comments:

Post a Comment