Visit My Other Web Page:

Friday, November 22, 2013

November 22, 2013 Friday Afternoon

Thursday I spent the morning doing things around the house.  Did a few loads of laundry and cleaning.  Started unpacking some of the Christmas decorations.  Had an afternoon Client Advisory Meeting with ARCW and was home by 3:30 PM.  Had a good meeting.  Spent last night watching a few shows off the DVR and Greys Anatomy before going to sleep.

This morning I was up by 6:30 AM.  Fed the dogs and gave Vito his shot.  Read the morning newspaper and downloaded a movie.  My insurance guy called around 10 AM to tell me the Healthcare website was working good and I should try to get Tony set up.  I got approved the other day via a phone call for my new part D.  Tony will need new insurance starting the first of the year also.  Got Tony all signed in with a user name and password.  I then was told by our insurance agent I should have entered a higher amount for his income since he will make more next year and we do not want to get Medicaid.  I am not going to pay back his Medicaid after we get married and if he should die.  Yes, you have to pay back Medicaid from the estate.   Most do not know that.  So I don't want the government taking money from me after he dies just because we got married.  My insurance agent made a phone call and it should all be updated in three days.  Another flaw in the system is once you enter information you can not change it on the website, you have to call them to make the change.  Had lunch with the guys.  Had a great lunch as usual on Friday with the guys.  We all are signing up for new insurance and going through this together so it is nice to see where each stands and some shortcuts along the way.  Came home and put on some music an laid back on the couch.  A little time later I got a call from the upstairs tenant wanting to come down and talk.  I swear to god the next hour was an hour out of the twilight zone.  She had obviously been drinking and I hate talking to drunks.  Jeez, its is 2:30 in the afternoon and she has a 6 month old.  He boyfriend was home and soon came down and came into the house on his own.  After an hour of the strangest conversation she got up and 'had to go'.   So her, her boyfriend, the baby and dog all head out the back door.  As I close the door I notice a half drank beer on the counter.  Believe it or not before the boyfriend came into the living room he helped himself and downed a half a beer before entering the living room.  Who does this?   Boundaries will be set from this point forward.  Wow.  When she was down here she was telling me how my dogs should be acting.  She was telling me I should do more with my life.  She was telling me I should be more happy if I did more.  I finally had to say 'hey, I am happy, if your not, don't put it on my'.  Then she was like 'you don't like us do you'.  WTF?  It honestly felt like I entered the twilight zone.  Who just gets a beer and drinks half, hides it, and leaves?   Plus she brought down a can of beer and I had to put a napkin under it four times, each time she would set it down, spilling, and not on the napkin.  WTF?  I just talked to Tony to tell him the story.  This will not happen again.  I have had to spray air freshener twice since they left to get that drunk breath smell out of the house.  Deep breath.  Will most likely make some soup and a pot pie for supper tonight since we had a big lunch.  No plans this weekend and it is suppose to be the coldest weather so far this year, so we will most likely spend a lot of time at home and not go outside.  We both hate the cold.  Still shaking my head from this afternoon's tenant encounter.  The reason for me wanting to get a monitor for the tenants is so they can see when their dog is ready to come in so I don't have to bring it in daily as they leave her out in the cold for too long.  Hoping if they see her sitting at the back door ready to come in they will come down and get her.  Hoping!

2 comments:

  1. You have no clue the problems (and danger) this tenant brings to your home. You would be VERY WISE to get rid of them sooner rather than later. This is not going to get any better, and you have to date had problems setting boundaries. They have invaded your home---like it or not, it's true. This is more than a business relationship in their twisted minds. Provide the required notice for them to vacate. Give them no explanation. Stick firm and GET RID OF THEM NOW

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you sure that one of them isn't distracting you while the other is stealing things???

    ReplyDelete