Visit My Other Web Page:

Monday, January 20, 2014

January 20, 2014 Monday Afternoon

Another Monday that I have very little to say about what we did all weekend due to the fact we did so little. 
Saturday morning we took Kali to the vet to get her nails trimmed.   Picked up some breakfast at McDonald's on the way home.  Spent the day watching TV.  Took a nap in the afternoon with the dogs.  Ordered some food delivered for supper and spent the night watching the last couple episodes of American Horror Story.  Went to bed around 10:30 PM.

Sunday we were up by 7 AM to feed the dogs and give Vito his shot.  I made breakfast and we spent the morning reading the newspaper and watching TV from the DVR.  Around noon we went to Pick N Save to do the grocery shopping for the week.  It is suppose to be very cold again this week so I figured I would get everything we need and maybe not have to leave the house all week.   Made soup and sandwiches for supper.  Spent the night watching two gay themed movies named Flight Of The Cardinal and Abrupt Decision.  Both were very good movies.  Actually, Abrupt Decision was the most realistic look at a 20 year gay relationship I have ever seen on TV or movies.  The couple resembled us a lot.  Went to bed around 9 PM for a round of lovin and after an hour or so of TV we went to sleep.

This morning I was up by 6 AM.  Fed the dogs and gave Vito his shot.  Spent the morning working on our 25th anniversary book.  You can just waste hours rearranging things and changing formats on each page as you produce them with pictures.  I lay in bed at night and think of pictures I should add and have to get out of bed and write it down so I will remember in the morning.  I am going to order the book by Wednesday to take advantage of the 40 percent off and free shipping.  Hopefully after that I will not wake up every hour or so with a book idea.  Tony took my car to work today since our other vehicle, the truck, is being worked on at his shop.   I reminded Tony to have my car home by 1 PM because I had a doctor appointment at 2 PM with my HIV doctor.  Of course at 1 PM I was calling him to find out where my car was and to get home here with it so I could go to my doctor.  Five minutes later he calls to tell me it is dead, 'maybe the alternator'.  WTF.  So I call and cancel and reschedule my HIV appointment that I have been on pins an needles waiting for all day to February, three weeks from now.  I was really looking forward to finding out my numbers since my last numbers were very low when I had shingles and just switched from Truvada to Epzicom.   So I was really looking forward to these numbers.  Plus I stopped using the cream on my face the first of the month and the rash is returning.  I was hoping to show the doctor my rash.   In three weeks it will be much worse if I don't start putting on the cream daily.  Plus, I had other issues to discuss. 
Making a pork loin roast for supper with mashed potato and a salad.  Will most likely spend the night watching TV from the DVR.   Tomorrow we are suppose to have a high of 5 degrees and wind chill of 25 below zero during the day.  The days following are not suppose to be much better.  I don't plan on leaving the house.  I did get a lot of information from a friend in Ohio on a buddy phone system they have going or a mentoring program.  We are trying to get a buddy phone type system here for people newly diagnosed and in need of a quick help line type thing.  If anyone has a buddy system or mentoring program in your area I would love to hear more about it and who I can contact.  Hopefully tomorrow I will make some phone calls to Ohio and find out how they do it and get around the liability issues.  That is the main reason most organizations in Milwaukee want nothing to do with a mentoring or buddy phone program. 
It is snowing again right now.  Has snowed on and off all day and I did have to shovel an inch or so of snow at lunch time.  I sure wish it would stop snowing because it is going to get to cold to go outside and shovel.

No comments:

Post a Comment