Visit My Other Web Page:

Sunday, October 18, 2009

October 18, 2009 Sunday Afternoon

Friday night I made soup and sandwiches for dinner. It was cold and damp in Milwaukee so there was no way we were leaving the house.

Saturday we laid low most of the day. We did take a trip in the morning to Home Depot to buy some stuff. Bought a floor heater for the bathroom since I am so cold when I get out of the shower, and another gate for in one of the door ways. One with a door that can swing open or close. Took a nap in the afternoon with Tony and the dogs. Went to our favorite Italian restaurant for dinner and watch TV and a movie. Watch the movie The Proposal. It was cheesy but ok. It was lights out by 10:30 PM.

This morning we got up early and after reading some of the paper we showered and went out the back door to drive to Tony's mom's house and take her for breakfast. As Tony rounded the corner of the car I heard him say 'god damn it'. At that time I noticed the passenger front window was broken and the contents of the glove compartment all over the front seat. Damn it. We leave nothing in the cars because of this so there was nothing for them to take. Now Tony has to replace the window and put in the labor. Less than $100 so can't even call the insurance company. Damn it. Took a different car to get Tony's mom and had a good breakfast. After we dropped her off we went to Walmart to buy some items and headed home.
While Tony cleaned up the broken glass and called the police about the incident I moved one of the cameras that is on the car parking area to get a better view of the cars. Now if I can just find a cheap DVR to record the action. Our old DVR died about a year ago. Until now the signs in the back that say 'cameras record this area' have kept the vandals away. Took some pictures of the dogs to try to get a Christmas pic this year with them. I think I was able to get one shot that might work. Made a big bowl of popcorn and soon I will have to figure something out for dinner. The sun is out today but it didn't even get to the mid 50s. Too soon for winter. Tonight will be more TV and snuggling with the dogs.

No comments:

Post a Comment