Visit My Other Web Page:

Sunday, October 4, 2009

October 4, 2009 Sunday Late Afternoon

Have to start out with some words on the comments I have received on a post a couple days ago. Heather, thank you for taking the time to defend me and see my point of view. You have not said anything I have not heard before and still sometimes need to hear both extremes so I can choose the best path. So, sometimes it might not be fun to read a post or agree with it, it definitely gives me another perspective and something to think about. The purpose of this blog. Jessica, thanks for defending Tony. I had him read your post also so he could see that not everyone thinks he is an 'asshole', his words not anyone else's. In our almost 21 years together we have gone through hard times. I consider these 'adjustments' in the relationship. When I have been off work and then back to work we have gone through similar adjustments. At one point about 10 years ago we even went into couples therapy to get through a time we thought the relationship was over. We made it through that time also. Relationships are work. They have their benefits and their drawbacks. But all said and done, life is very hard to go through alone. Sometimes it is better to be alone. But I am not that someone.

With all that said, let me tell you about my most recent challenges these last two days. Yesterday 10 minutes prior to the roofer coming over to get the signed contract and a check for half the work Tony gives me the contract to sign and write out a check. As I am looking over the contract he received through email I notice the part with the total of $17,200 doesn't say anything about the new roof. All it talks about is the new siding, windows, rain gutters and downspouts. I asked Tony about this and he showed me further down the email is the 'first' estimate for the roof of $8600.00. I said I was concerned that the two were not together and I would have the roofer make out a new contract so it showed the ENTIRE project cost to be $17,200. Tony reassured me the total cost for all was $17,200. So I wrote out a check for $8600.00. The roofer guy shows up and we start going over the contract and everything that is going to be done. I then go into the house to lock up the dogs so we can bring the roofer guy in the house to measure windows. When I come back out the house I could see their conversation had taken a turn. I stood there silently figuring out that the roofer had finally pointed out to Tony, like I had thought, that the entire project was going to be $26,000, and that indeed they were separate bids for the separate projects. I was never so mad in my life again but held my cool. We finally agreed just to do the roof and not anything else at this time. I just want this project over. Once again I made the mistake of letting HIM take charge on something. We have not discussed it since the roofer left. I could tell in Tony's eyes he did not need to be beat up over this and that he realized his mistake, once again. We didn't talk much yesterday. My tenant helped me reformat my entire computer. I have it mostly restored by now but I did loose all my emails received, sent or saved. This pisses me off. Took about 12 hours of work to get the computer back and running but now it is running so much better. So it was worth it. It would freeze up after about 10 minutes and I would have to keep restarting it. I hate doing a Full System Restore.

Today we both got up and started reading the paper and then I started cleaning the house knowing my parents were on there way to go to a dog walk and blessing here on Brady Street and lunch. Before they got here I sent Tony to the corner gas station for lottery tickets and milk while I cleaned. Lottery tickets and milk. Yes I said it twice. Told him: "I don't care if it is 1%, 2% or vitamin D milk, get the one with the farthest date out. But DO NOT GET SKIM MILK". I think you might see where this is going if you have been reading the last few days. After he got home about a half hour later I went into the frig to get something to drink and what is staring me right in the face......................................... A HALF GALLON OF SKIM MILK.
WHAT THE FUCK. I told him ANYTHING BUT SKIM MILK. Can someone please tell me what the hell is going on here? I let it go simply by pointing out to him that he can take the SKIM MILK he bought to work tomorrow and I will go to the store later today. I said NO SKIM MILK. Went to the dog walk with my parents and Tony. Must have been about 500 dogs in costume with their owners. All kinds of dogs big and small. Even a few cats. Had a great lunch with mom and dad. Got home and now within a half hour we have already found things to fight about. When will this end?

1 comment:

  1. Would it help to omit what you DON'T want and just tell Tony what you do want? It's kinda like telling somebody "don't think about a pink elephant"--guess what comes to mind? :)

    Try to hang in there :)

    ReplyDelete