Visit My Other Web Page:

Wednesday, April 7, 2010

April 7, 2010 Wednesday Morning

So I went to the Dermatologist yesterday to find out from him that the Atripla and the fact my immune system is over reacting is why I have the rash on my neck and forehead. So the Dermatologist gave me 4 prescriptions. Three of the prescriptions are creams or foams to put on the rash, the other is an allergy pill. Stopped off at Walgreens on the way home and dropped off the prescriptions to pick up the next day. Got myself a Cheese Steak sandwich at Subway and spent the afternoon napping because I was so tired from being up the prior night itching. Made a meatloaf for dinner which did not turn out and tasted so bad it ended up in the garbage. Went to bed around 10 PM and woke to hail coming down about 11:30 PM. There was so much hail the grass was covered and it sounded like the sky was falling for about 10 minutes.

This morning I got up and showered so I could get gas in the car, stop off and buy Barkley some more special food for his skin and coat at the vet, and then headed to Walgreen's to pick up my prescriptions I dropped off yesterday. The Pharmacist had three of the four prescriptions ready, the fourth would arrive some time this afternoon since it is not something they usually carry. After finding out three of the prescription would cost $60 each and the fourth when it comes in would be over $100 we decided on forgetting the allergy pill since I already am on an allergy pill. Jeez, why do I pay close to $800 a month for health insurance if 4 prescriptions would cost me about $280. Have to still go back to Walgreen's again later today to pick up two prescriptions we settled on once the pharmacist gets the ok for a generic form which should be cheaper. What a bunch of crap to get rid of this rash. This on top of the $50 copay I had to pay for the doctor visit. The meds for my rash that I settled on are: Neosalus Hydrating Topical Foam which is for treating or preventing dry, itchy skin or minor skin irritations caused by various skin conditions; Clobex lotion (a generic form) to treat the itching. And Derma Smoothe/FS which is a steroid to reduce the action of chemicals in the body that cause inflammation, redness and swelling. I decided against the Xyzal allergy pill because I am on an allergy pill. The pharmacist will call me when I can pick up the other two prescriptions this afternoon. Going to spend the day doing not a whole lot today. I have to vacuum and go back to Walgreen's, that all I plan on doing. It is cloudy and drizzling in Milwaukee today. When it is like this I have NO energy.

No comments:

Post a Comment