Visit My Other Web Page:

Friday, April 30, 2010

April 30, 2010 Friday Morning

Spent most of the day on Thursday continuing to copy my moms VHS tape to DVD. I have about 10 of my own which will have to wait because Mom and Dad came into Milwaukee last night to drop off more VHS tapes and take Tony and I out to dinner. They arrived about 4 PM and we went to dinner about 5 PM. Went to one of the more expensive restaurants here in Milwaukee called Butch's Steak House. Had a great dinner. Thankfully dad picked up the bill because it was over $130 for the four of us. Tony and I rarely go there on our own due to the price. Spent the rest of the night after they left watching TV.

This morning I woke up not having a good night's sleep. Thought I slept good but having a hard time getting going even though it is sunny and in the 70s today in Milwaukee. Copying another VHS tape to DVD and then making 5 copies for each of my family as I type this. Will leave soon for our lunch with the guys. Might just take a nap this afternoon since I am so tired. Wondering if it is because of the huge meal we ate last night at Butch's and the Atripla.

Haven't talked about another issue. Tony has been helping a convicted convict for the last 10 months by having him work at the shop. In the last 10 months the employee (Jerry) has had Tony pay for over $5000 worth of personal expenses and such. The deal was that it would all come off when Tony purchased a home supposedly he owned which would happen by April 15th. Since April 15th we have heard every excuse in the world about the house all pertaining to his mother not yet moving out. I finally on Tuesday drove by the house and saw the mother outside so I walked up to her and asked her if it is true she should have moved out by now and that Jerry owns the house and can sell it to us. We had heard she was all moved out into a new apartment but was staying in the house getting drunk each night. As I told his mother the story she looked amazed. She told me she has no apartment, has no intention on moving, and Jerry does not own the house. So the scam came to an end. So now Tony and I are trying to put Jerry back in jail and eventually get our money back which will never happen unless we go on Judge Judy or something. I have been telling Tony since January I thought this guy was a scammer and piece of shit. Tony finally in tears called me after I told him the house news that 'I was right, he was sorry'. I hate to beat Tony up too much over this but jeez, this is not the first time he trusted someone and we got burned. We called his PO officer and hopefully a warrant is going out for his arrest today. He was in jail for years due to scams and Tony thought he had turned his life around, hence having him work from the shop on day release the last year. Now he has not shown his face for over 5 weeks, just excuses. Guess the gig is up. Too bad it cost us $5000 to trust someone again and try to give his a new start on life. Just sucks. Will let you know how it all turns out. Tony is just too nice and trusting. I got ahold of Jerry yesterday via phone and told him what a piece of shit he was and that Tony was the only one who gave him a second chance, and this is how he repays us. I told him that Tony is a good person and didn't deserve this. I then ended the call saying 'shame on you'. When is Tony going to learn?

No comments:

Post a Comment