Visit My Other Web Page:

Sunday, October 10, 2010

October 10, 2010 Sunday Night

Right after I posted on Thursday morning I went outside to move some stuff around in the garage, at least I thought I was going to do that. The electric garage door was broken. The door would not open. This is not good because we have the side walk-in door bolted from the inside for security. Called Tony and let him know. He came home shortly after my call to try to see what the problem was. We ended up having to break into the garage from the back window just to get into the garage to see what the problem was. The spring came off the area it is suppose to be around. Tony spent most of the morning trying to fix it until about noon when he came in the house and told me he still does not have it working but is too busy at work to spend any more time on the garage door. Since I was now feeling like crap again I told it was not a problem because I was going back to bed and not going anywhere. Spent the afternoon going from bed to couch until I finally called the doctor an made an appointment for Friday afternoon, the soonest they could see me. Tony came home from work around 6 PM and by the time it got dark he came back in the house to say the garage door was fixed. At least he is good for something? I went to bed by 9 PM still feeling horrible. Lungs hurt just to breath, coughing, and sinus's hurting.

Friday morning I got out of bed around 7 AM not feeling any better. Called the guys and let them know Tony and I would not be at our usual Friday lunch because I didn't want to pass this cold on to anyone else. They were all concerned as true friends are. Finally was time to go to the doctor. Got to the office and was given a mask since the flu is going around so bad in Milwaukee. I had never been given a mask to wear going to the doctor before so I know now I am not the only one going through this. After waiting 45 minutes I was finally seen by the doctor. Could hear others in the other rooms coughing away also. Was told what I thought, that I most likely have the flu that is going around and told to continue taking the antibiotic I started on Wednesday and was given another weeks worths of prescription for it as well as a lung inhaler for the coughing. Picked up some dinner at McDonald's for Tony and I on the way home and spent the night watching TV before going to bed by 10 PM.

Saturday I felt a little better but by no mean feeling healthy. Made it through the day. Tony was not feeling good by this time either so we spent the day watching TV and not doing a whole lot. We did go for a short drive in the afternoon in the Cadillac since it was about 75 degrees and well be the last of the good weather until next Spring knowing Wisconsin weather. Came home from the hour drive and we both took an hour nap before the dogs finally forced us out of the bed to feed them dinner. Made some soup for dinner and we spend the night watching TV in blankets with the dogs on the couch. Went to bed around 10:30 PM. The only good thing that has come out of this sickness is the fact we have had a lot of time to watch all the TV shows I DVR'd during the week. So far it looks like the shows I picked to watch or DVR are doing good in the rating and the shows I decided to pass on are not doing so well. I hate getting into a new TV show only to have it canceled shortly after it begins.

Woke up this morning by 7:30 AM. Tony was already in the living room reading the Sunday Newspaper. I fed the dogs and read a little of the newspaper before heading to the kitchen to start making some breakfast. I still am not feeling any better health wise. Made a half package of bacon and started breaking the fourth egg into the pan and it had blood in it. I dumped all the eggs in the sink and told Tony he was having bacon for breakfast. At this point eggs were not something that even sounded good. We spent the morning washing four of five dogs in the sink or shower, cutting one dogs toe nails, and cutting Vito's hair. None of this is easy. They all hate getting their nails cut and most have to go to the vet to have it done. Vito hates getting his hair cut and we both get bit several times by him as we hold him to cut his hair. Taking him to a groomer is out of the question, he would not behave for it and no groomer would take on the challenge. At least four out of five dogs are clean. Kali has to go to the vet this week for an anal cleaning since she started scooting the last couple days and her butt is now red. Will have to call and make an appointment for her tomorrow at the vet. Tony and I finally took showers with what was left of the hot water and we took the Cadillac out for a ride again because it was in the 70s again today. This is so rare for Wisconsin in October. We drove to Taco Bell on the south side before going to Grant Park. We took a walk through the woods and across six bridges down to the lake front. Took some pictures along the way and had a couple take one of us. By the time we got back to the car I thought I was going to die I was so tired. Tony drove us home and we tried to lay down for a little while on the bed but the dogs were not having any of this. They wanted to play. Finally gave up trying to take a nap and fed them. We are now getting ready to settle in for the night with the TV. If it was 10 PM I would go to bed right now I am so tired and feeling so lousy. Tomorrow will be a week of this flu. I have been told many we know have had it for weeks and one friends mother is in the hospital she got so sick. I guess I would say, don't come to Wisconsin or Milwaukee any time soon unless you want to get sick. Below are four of the pictures from this afternoon. The leaves are in full color and are at their peak here in Wisconsin.

No comments:

Post a Comment