Visit My Other Web Page:

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

October 12, 2010 Tuesday Morning

Monday turned out to be a pretty good day. I still have a cough that is so bad my stomach muscles hurt from coughing. My nose is still running like a river. But, I am starting to feel a little better. It has been over a week now that I have had this cold or flu. I am so tired of coughing and blowing my nose. I did get a lot done yesterday around the house, at least everything I wanted to accomplish. Spent the morning cleaning the house and part of the afternoon at the neighbors house discussing our worthless husbands. LOL. I did not take a nap like I usually do so by 9 PM last night I was so tired we both went to bed to watch Castle in bed. Watched Dancing With The Stars prior to Castle. Got a pretty good night's sleep last night even though all 5 dogs decided they wanted to be on the bed with us all night.

This morning I am still coughing and blowing my nose non stop. Since I feel I wasted most of last week being sick I have to get stuff done around the house today. It was in the 60s yesterday and will be again today in Milwaukee. The trees are so pretty but soon all the leaves will have fallen. This morning I have to go to Walgreen's and drop off some prescriptions and do a little coupon shopping of stuff on sale. Then I will head over to Pick N Save and do a little grocery shopping. Will most likely spend the afternoon blowing the leaves away from the house and backyard. Around 5 PM tonight a friend is dropping off his dog for us to take care of for a couple days so he can go out of town. We have taken care of his dog named Saber many times. The dog is over 15 years old and his days are numbered. His health is failing and every time we take care of his dog I think it might be the last time. So sad. I was told now Saber is having problems with holding his bowels so the next couple days might be a challenge taking care of him. Was happy I got the warning from his owner. Not a deal breaker as far as I am concerned since I can clean any mess the dog makes. Found out yesterday our health insurance will go up about $180 a month to about $880 a month for each of Tony and I. How does anyone afford health insurance anymore with these costs and yearly increases? We already spend $1400 a month for health insurance for the both of us. I can't believe it will now be close to $1800 a month for health insurance. This can not continue! So much for health care reform. It scares the hell out of me since that is over half I get from Social Security each month. Our water bill arrived yesterday also and it is now $288 a quarter. That cost went up over $50 a quarter also. If the cost of everything keeps rising at this rate there will have to be cuts in our spending somewhere. I don't know where we can cut anymore since I cut coupons, watch what I buy, and don't spend on anything we really don't need. I am sure there are people in worse shape, but how do they do it? Well, I am off to the shower so I can get what needs to get done around here accomplished. Tony is already at work for the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment