Visit My Other Web Page:

Friday, October 22, 2010

October 22, 2010 Friday Night

Got up this morning around 6:30 AM and got my morning going with the usual routine of feeding the dogs and getting Tony off to work. Read a little of the Milwaukee Journal before taking a shower so I could get Barkley to the vet for his 9 AM appointment. Took him there and $92 later I was told what I already knew, he staph infection is back that he gets twice a year usually in the fall and spring. It is allergy related and even though we bath him regularly and have him on special food he still gets it twice a year. I found out after I adopted him two years ago at the age of 8 that that is the reason his owner's gave him up, because they got sick of him having skin infections and the vet bills. Oh well, no turning back now. Once you adopt a dog or any animal it is one's job to keep them until the end, as far as I am concerned. That or you don't adopt an animal. Period! Got home from the vet and spent the rest of the morning doing a little cleaning around the house before going to our regular Friday lunch for support with the usual guys. Had a great lunch. I think though I might have a bladder infection starting. It hurts, or should I say, is uncomfortable in that area. I have had them in the past and it feels the same. I started an antibiotic of Ciprofloxacin 500mg which I have here at home, since I just hate going to the doctor and really can not afford it. I will take the antibiotic for the weekend and if the pain does not improve or get worse I will make a doctor appointment on Monday. I did a little research on the Internet about bladder infections and the antibiotic I started today is listed. Like I said though, if it doesn't get better by Monday I will see a doctor to make sure. Why does this stuff always happen on a weekend? I would say the discomfort is a 2 on a scale of 1 to 10, 10 being most painful. Got home from lunch and took a two hour nap with the dogs. Jumped out of bed having another vivid dream. They are happening more frequently it seems. I will have to discuss this with my AIDS doctor in January which is the next time I see him. I really hate the thought of switching meds and the dreams are not so bad that I would, but it is something I have to consider in the future if this continues. I wake up every morning in a very vivid weird type dream, sometime screaming. The other morning Tony woke me up at 5 AM shouting something in my sleep. Made some salads for dinner and if Tony is hungry for more I will make a frozen pizza for dinner with the salad. You might have noticed the Top AIDS Blog Award at the top of my blog. I received it today from the organization called Medical Coding And Billing and BloggingAwards.com . I was picked as one of the top 20 AIDS informative blogs or web sights. How cool, hey? If anyone had anything to do with nominating me, Thank You. It really does mean a lot since it feels good to know all the time I put into this blog is read and appreciated by someone, much less anyone. Will spend the night watching the Senate debates which I usually would not watch since I already know who I am voting for. I will watch them just to hear what the Republican candidate has to say because the race is not looking good for Democrats in Wisconsin this year. Scares the hell out of me if the Republicans get in office. I am sure I will loose ADAP support and funding if they get in office. I could never afford my $700 health insurance or my monthly Atripla without it. What does a person do? Die of AIDS? Like I said, it scares the hell out of me. After the debates we will most likely watch shows we DVR'd during the week or past weeks. Tomorrow we will go to a fund raiser for The Milwaukee Bully Breed Club which is trying to stop dog fighting here in Wisconsin. It also is to inform people about Pit Bulls, the breed, not the myths. Tomorrow night I have tickets to go see the play Cabaret I got for free a month or so ago for being a part of a focus group. I think it will be good, I do love most musicals. It is suppose to rain this weekend in Milwaukee. We do need the rain.

No comments:

Post a Comment