Visit My Other Web Page:

Thursday, October 14, 2010

October 14, 2010 Thursday Night

Tuesday I laid low most of the day because I still was not feeling well. A friend dropped off his dog for us to watch until Thursday night. The dog is so old, over 16 years old and I am going to have to have a long talk with the owner about making some final decisions regarding the dog. It is sad to watch him get lost in corners and it is time to do the humane thing. Spent the night watching TV and went to bed around 10 PM.

Wednesday I felt a little better, wow, a little better. Got some things done around the house which included vacuuming, raking the leaves outside and a little dusting. Tony got home around 5:30 PM and we ate dinner. I made barbecue ribs, mashed potato and corn with a salad. Spent the night watching TV. Was so mad because around 9:10 PM I realized I forget to set the DVR to record Criminal Minds and Law and Order SVU. Will have to watch them at the network web sight over the weekend. Took a long bath before I went to bed. It felt so good to lay in the tub and soak. Even brought a candle into the bathroom to relax in the tub. Of course most of the dogs came into the bathroom and laid on the floor wondering what the heck I was doing. Tony was in the living room. Funny how they always have to be with me. Went to bed around 10:30 PM after the nightly news.

This morning I woke up feeling better than I have in a week and a half. Could this be the turning point? I sure hope so. Drove to Pick N Save to buy some sale items and return some lettuce that was suppose to be good until the 17th, but was turning brown. Got into an argument in the check out line with a lady and her daughter who just watched the food pile up after it was scanned rather than help bag the items like everyone else does. The check out lines were long and everyone always bads their food. She was so ignorant. She started screaming loudly at me to get every one's attention after I asked her why she was just standing there with her teenage daughter rather than bagging. I kept my calm and simply said to her 'do you think yelling loudly is going to get you attention'? She continued screaming at me and was so ignorant. She walked out still arguing with me and then said to me 'you white people are all the same'. I bit my lip and simply said 'Yes, we are considerate, helpful and care about other people'. I continued with 'I will take the high road and not tell you what we all think of you'. It was priceless. The check out lady thanked me. When I was loading my groceries into the car a guy pulled up behind me and told me he admired my restraint and that I made his day. He then said to me 'you know us white people' how we are, I laughed. I am not racist in any way, but I know lazy good for nothing people when I see them, no matter what race they are. It had nothing to do with race until she made it about it. Got home from the grocery store and after putting it all away I walked across the alley to tell the neighbor what had happened at the grocery store. She enjoyed the story. Came back home and baked a Birthday cake for one of the guys we have Friday lunch with. It turned out good. White cake with chocolate frosting. Spent the afternoon doing a little around the house before taking a short hour nap until about 4 PM. Got up and started making dinner. Tony should be home soon. It is in the 50s here in Milwaukee and cloudy most of the day. Doesn't look like it will get over 50 degrees for the next few days. Fall / Winter is coming. Will spend the night watching TV, most likely The Big Bang Theory, Shit My Dad Says, Greys Anatomy and The Mentalist before going to bed tonight. Tomorrow I have to pick up some prescriptions at Walgreen's and then lunch with the guys.

No comments:

Post a Comment