Visit My Other Web Page:

Sunday, January 22, 2012

January 22, 2012 Sunday Morning

Friday afternoon we got to our usual restaurant for lunch to find out they had no hot water. Had to go down the road to a sports bar. Had a nice cod fish fry with french fries for lunch. Came home and spent the afternoon listening to music as I cruised the Internet. Around 4 PM Tony called to tell me he was fine, but just had a car accident with his plow truck. Guess a guy in the snow storm ran a red light and slammed into Tony plow on the truck from the side. Messed up the plow totally and it does not work. Of course this has to happen as we are having snow that needs plowing. Guess the other driver admitted he was at fault until they got the police department and then changed his story making it seem like Tony went through the red light. Tony was very upset by this and let the guy know to his face he is a lying and hope he can sleep tonight. Sucks because the damage is going to be the deductible and the driver of the other car has the same Insurance company we have. So both will most likely have to pay their own being a his word against mine thing. Just pisses me off. Fed the dogs around 5 PM. Around 5:30 PM Kali threw up her supper, twice. From that point on all night you could tell she was not feeling good at all. She was panting with her tongue out and shaking like she was cold. I did the best I could to comfort her all night. Even put her on a the top of the bed by my pillow wrapped in a blanket as I held her with one hand. It was not a good night's sleep since I was up most of the night talking to her to get her through the night. I several times thought she would be going to the Emergency 24 hour Vet on the other side of town. Made it through the night.

Saturday morning we were up at 7 AM. Fed the dogs and gave Vito his shot. Kali seemed to be doing better. Spent the morning watching TV and doing things around the house as Tony sat on the couch doing nothing. Around noon we went to George Web's restaurant for a cheap lunch. Came home and spent the rest of the day watching TV shows on the DVR. Made a couple steaks on the grill which Tony over cooked and they were like shoe leather. Went to bed around 10:30 PM with Kali by my pillow.

This morning at 4 AM I woke to hearing Kali trying to throw up. Clasped my hands together and caught the little bit as I yelled to wake Tony up for some help. Got her outside and back into the house. As I went to put her back on the bed I noticed she had thrown up on the bed. Had to strip the bed down to the mattress and start a load of laundry. What a nice way to start the day. Went back to bed for a while and got up at 6 AM so I could make some rice and hamburger meat mixture for her breakfast. Of course all the dogs now got up and I had to do it fast. Fed the dogs, giving Kali just rice and hamburger meat. She always has had stomach problems since she eats too fast and it just doesn't seem to digest well. There are days I actually put her on my shoulder a half hour after to eats just to burp her like you would a baby. She is always fine then. This seems a little more serious and I will have to feed her some special food for a while and maybe even take her to the vet this week if she doesn't get better. Kali is going on 13 years old so I do worry. So now it is Sunday morning, almost at 9 AM, and I have read most of the Sunday newspaper. Tony and I are not speaking much, which is best with all the tension in the house this morning. Will most likely shower and go out for breakfast since we are up and awake. Suppose to rain this afternoon turning to snow so it will be a good afternoon to take a nap. Will have to get our weekly lottery tickets sometime today, most likely on our way back from breakfast. Will keep you posted on Kali. Jeez, between Kali and the car accident you would not believe the tension in the house. We never do handle stress in this house well. But then again, 23 years tells you we do something right?

No comments:

Post a Comment