Visit My Other Web Page:

Friday, January 6, 2012

January 6, 2012 Friday Morning

Tony and I decided it would be fun to have the nephew for the weekend so we agreed to have him dropped off at the house today and we would drive to the Illinois border on Sunday to return him. It will add some excitement to the weekend. We spent the night watching TV and went to bed around 10 PM.
This morning I was up at 6 AM, fed the dogs and gave Vito his shot. Went back to bed for an hour after Tony left for work. Got up again around 9 AM and showered. Just got back from a long walk around the neighborhood since it is so nice outside here in Milwaukee. The heat wave continues. As I was walking I came across a stray dog. I tried to get him but he kept running away from me. So sad. Came home and thought I better post for the day before I get the kid later and have no time. He is bringing his Wii so it should be a fun weekend. I have only tried a Wii once and look forward to playing some games with Tony and the kid all weekend.
As I mentioned yesterday, this week is three years since I found out I was HIV+. A lot has changed and I must say for the better. The three months or so after finding out were horrible. I remember just wanting to cry and sleep. I even considered killing myself many times so I would not have to live with this disease. Three years later I have to say I am so glad I did not go through with it because I have so much to live for and would have missed so much in the last three years. Thanks to Tony, friends, this blog, and family, I have found a way to continue living with this disease and live every day to it's fullest. Bottom line is, it does get better. I have been so lucky to have all the support I have had the last three years. Thank you everyone. Have a great weekend.

1 comment:

  1. Dave congrats. We should thank you for sharing your life buddy. I'm glad you are still here !!!
    Luv ya man
    Tom

    ReplyDelete