Visit My Other Web Page:

Monday, January 23, 2012

January 23, 2012 Monday Afternoon

After I posted yesterday we went to Baker's Square for breakfast. Just didn't feel like making a mess in the kitchen and cooking. Stopped off at the hardware store after breakfast to get a florescent light bulb for the lighted guitar in the screened in porch. Then went to Pick N Save to buy some groceries. Taking Tony grocery shopping with me is not fun. I spend the entire time taking things out of the cart he puts in and hiding them in a different aisle. Everything just looks good to him. I figure since I am the one who will have to cook or prepare it, it is going to be a food I like and not hard to prepare. Much less just because he sees something that looks good now doesn't mean it will ever get eaten. Came home and worked on the guitar light. Of course it still didn't work so Tony then went back to the hardware store, three blocks from home, and got a starter for the light. Maybe that is the problem. He bought two. The first one broke in the light and after that it seemed hopeless. I then decided to drive to the hardware store for a third time and just buy a new light for the guitar. Tony then spent and hour putting it together and getting it to work. For a while we thought it was broken until we tried the second bulb, in the pack of two, to find the first bulb was not working. Maybe that was the problem to begin with? Unbelievable. Now I have to return the bulb that doesn't work and it was in a two pack. Spent the rest of the day watching TV on the DVR. Made some salads and steaks on the grill with corn for supper. Went to bed around 9 PM and had a little lovin before sleep.

Got up this morning at 6 AM. Fed the dogs and gave Vito his shot. Fed Kali her special rice and hamburger for breakfast. She seems better now that she is eating this special food. Thankfully we dodge a bullet this time with her. I didn't need the vet bill or the sorrow if things went a different way. Called my mom and dished with her for a while. After I read a little of the morning newspaper I went back to bed with the dogs since it is cloudy and drizzling in Milwaukee. Woke up a little before 1 PM and got out of bed to start the day again. Showered and ate a banana for lunch. Spent the afternoon doing my Federal and State taxes. Thankfully it is easy enough for me to do myself since I didn't make any money last year except for the rent upstairs and my social security. I will get some money back from state for Homestead credit. The temperature is dropping, was over the freezing mark all night and day which has melted most of the snow. Now the snow just looks dirty. Looks like we will get above freezing most of the week during the day. Making a frozen beef roast, mashed potato and salad for supper tonight. Will spend the night watching TV since Tony always comes home tired on a Monday. Got a letter over the weekend saying my health insurance is in effect and paid. So all the new insurance headaches are over and it should be smooth sailing. Tony's is another story and the insurance company is still asking for this paperwork and that. My ex is helping him so it should all be good in the end. Bottom line, I am covered by health insurance which is important in my condition.

A friend of mine did something funny on Facebook I have to share (and might do myself for laughs). He posted the following:

Ok, I want all my Facebook friends to comment on this status, sharing how you met me. But, I want you to LIE. That's right, just make it up. After you comment, copy and paste to your wall so I can do the same. I bet HALF won't read the instructions right....now GO!!

The responses have been so funny. Here are some of the best:

I use to own a bed and breakfast and you stayed there for a weekend. You wanted a room with a big soaker tub and candles to relax for the weekend. You had a little problem with the candles and your hair. Now you are the newer owner and a good friend!

As I was walking down the Red Carpet my publicist noticed a man standing by bleachers snapping pictures without a press pass. The guy was also waving something in the air. After award ceremony as I was leaving clutching my newly won Oscar, guy from earlier was stlll there. I walked cautiously by him & he yelled 'I have something for you' so I walked over and he handed me a beautiful angel sitting on a cloud of spun gold. I asked his name after thanking him and it was Jack, just Jack. We bonded over angels/spun gold and continue the friendship all these years later ;)

I was a waitress at a well-known rib joint in Knoxville. You came in, sporting the latest Lady Vol t-shirt and we hit it off immediately--kindred spirits that we were. I'll never forget what you ordered as I had never had an order like that before, or since: two full racks of ribs; a brisket sandwich; a pulled pork sandwich; a quart of slaw; a quart of beans and five orders of corn bread! I didn't think anyone could eat all that, but you did! Then you told me you'd meet me after my shift---I toured you around town and in the wee hours of the AM we went for a big breakfast--and I was shocked to see you still capable of eating--you polished off a four egg omelet with country fried steak on the side!

We were stand ins for Donny and Marie on their show, whenever they'd fight we'd go out and wow the crowd with more talent than they realized the duo had... when they were getting along we'd hang in the dressing room we shared and eat pizza and drink light beer, then throw it up! (Yes, the last part of that last line was borrowed from "Miss Congeniality")!!!!!!

It was like 2:00 am and we were both in the same holding cell at the jail. We didn't speak much that night but a week later we met up again picking up trash in the park for our community service. We've been fast friends ever since but I still don't know what you were in for? lol


I wrote: I met Jack while we were both Pole Dancers at the strip club in Maine. Jack taught me all my moves. We soon started tricks on the side for more money and tips. I finally stopped doing it and moved to Milwaukee because Jack kept taking all my customers. We have kept in touch since then. I hear he is the best pole dancer in Maine.

It was a dark and stormy night. I was sitting in the chair at a tattoo parlor in Old Orchard Beach. The door opens and this guy all in black leather and with a silver cross dangling from his right ear comes in on little cat feet (disguised by motorcycle boots of course) and demands a tattoo of Betty White on his right arm. Naturally I had to find out who the hell that madman was! The rest, as they say, is history.

I was working in a tie factory and Jack was my boss. I could tell he really liked me because he invited me out for cheesecake and fries. One day after work we were walking down Broadway and ran into "Rhoda" and Mary Tyler Moore. From that day on he became a star magnet and moved on to The Meadowmere. To this day I cannot look at a tie without tearing up!

We met while I was visiting another inmate at the Maine Correctional Center. You were in for theft of produce, and swore to me that if you ever got out you would never eat another vegetable. A promise you have kept all these years. Way to go Jack!

I was visiting a marina in Santa Barbara from Ohio. I saw they had three hour cruises available, so I said "Why not!" You were the skippers right hand man... and clearly the brains of the operation. We set sail on a beautiful sunny morning, but soon the weather started getting rough. Our tiny ship was tossed! If not for the courage of the fearless crew we all would have been lost...


Jack was a bouncer at the bar I was working at and as usual he was leaning up against a wall flirting and getting a phone number to the trashiest chick in the place, when all of a sudden he heard someone yelling across the bar...."Hey Sweetie..get me a frozen mudslide right now, as she snapped her fingers" well thats all it took, Jack dove over the bar and tackled that woman and threw her out. Ever since then, we get together and try to out do eachother with amazing weird people stories! hahaha

No comments:

Post a Comment