Visit My Other Web Page:

Friday, January 27, 2012

January 27, 2012 Friday Morning

Spent last night watching American Idol and then the a movie I downloaded called Kickoff. It was foreign movie and very had to understand the accents. It was very gay. Went to bed around 10 PM after a little lovin.

This morning I was up at 6:30 AM. Fed the dogs and gave Vito his shot. Spent the morning on the Internet and reading the morning newspapers I get. All showered and soon I will meet the guys for our weekly lunch. Yesterday someone I have not talked with in a long time asked me how I am. I sat back for a while and thought about it. I responded that 'I am doing great and have nothing to complain about, even the weather has been so nice here in Milwaukee'. it got me thinking. Wow, I have nothing to complain about. The bills are paid, the dogs are doing well, the house is in good order, and Tony and I are healthy. In fact I have to admit I feel the healthiest I have felt in 3 years. That's petty cool in my book. I think the poem I received yesterday helped my think about this more, here it is:

SLOW DANCE

Have you ever watched kids on a merry-go-round?
Or listened to the rain slapping on the ground?
Ever followed a butterfly's erratic flight?
Or gazed at the sun into the fading night?

You better slow down.
Don't dance so fast.
Time is short.
The music won't last.

Do you run through each day on the fly?
When you ask How are you?
Do you hear the reply?
When the day is done do you lie in your bed with the next hundred chores running through your head?

You'd better slow down
Don't dance so fast.
Time is short.
The music won't last.

Ever told your child, we'll do it tomorrow?
And in your haste, not see his sorrow?
Ever lost touch, let a good friendship die
Cause you never had time to call and say, ‘HI

You'd better slow down.
Don't dance so fast.
Time is short.
The music won't last..

When you run so fast to get somewhere
You miss half the fun of getting there.
When you worry and hurry through your day,
It is like an unopened gift....thrown away.

Life is not a race.
Do take it slower
Hear the music
Before the song is over.


I think I should start living my life more like this. Enjoy the now, just slow down.
No plans this weekend. Looks like we will be above 30 for most of the weekend. Suppose to get an inch or so of snow tonight and tomorrow night. Hopefully it will melt away during the day. Have a great weekend everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment