Visit My Other Web Page:

Friday, December 13, 2013

December 13, 2013 Friday Afternoon

Yesterday was another very cold day in Milwaukee.  It was 1 degree when I got up at 6:30 AM and only got to 12 degrees by the middle of the day.  I spent the day just laying around listening to music snuggled under blankets with the dogs.  Made spaghetti for supper and spent the night watching Greys Anatomy and a couple other shows off the DVR.  Went to bed around 10:20 PM after the local news.

This morning I was up by 6:30 AM.  Fed the dogs and gave Vito his shot.  Spent early morning reading the newspapers and doing my usual Friday movie downloads.  Went to Walgreen's around 10 AM to get a prescription and a couple other sale items.  Had an extra coupon for a one day 15% off so it was a good deal at Walgreen's today.  Came home and like I usually do I called Tony at 11:30 AM to remind him of lunch with the guys.  He took a deep breath and silence.  When I asked what was up he said I would not believe it.  Again, an uninsured unlicensed driver lost control of his car in front of Tony's shop this morning and side swiped one customer car and three of our cars before he finally came to a stop a block away, only because his front tire came off.  Son of a bitch would have just kept going.  Of course no insurance and this will all be on us again.  I am getting so tired of this.  I went to the shop and took a few pictures before I headed to lunch without him since he was busy talking with the police.  Here is a pic of the cars side swiped.
As you can see one of the cars is the yellow Mustang that Tony still hasn't gotten around to fixing the front end damage from a month or so ago when an uninsured lady pulled out in front of him.  I once again told Tony if he buys any more cars he might find himself single.  We don't need all the cars he owns and they just cost us money.  As you can see one is an old Cadillac he restored. 
Had a nice lunch with the guys and then went to Big Lots to get some small Christmas presents for the guys and such to pass out next week at lunch.  I always buy something small to pass everyone under $10. 
I am now waiting for the snow to start falling.  Suppose to start any time now and continue through all day Saturday.  Should end up with about 7 inches of lake effect snow when it is done tomorrow night.  Yuck.  Sunday we have a birthday breakfast with Tony's mom.  It is her 80th.  Everyone is surprising her when we take her to breakfast on Sunday.  She will be very surprised.  No other plans which is good since I have a feeling the weekend will be filled with a lot of snow shoveling.

I have not heard back from my college friend since we talked two days ago.  I am trying not to read to much into it and will give it a couple more days and write a short email and see if I get a response.  No big deal either way since I haven't seen him in 30 years.  Just the same, it does hurt if it is the AIDS thing that stopped the conversation dead in it's tracks.   Have no way to take it back.  Kind of wish I would have followed rule number one:   Be careful who you tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment