Visit My Other Web Page:

Monday, December 2, 2013

December 2, 2013 Monday Afternoon

Friday night we spent the night watching the movies Petunia and The Conjuring.  Both were great movies.  Went to bed around 10 PM for a little lovin before we went to sleep.

Saturday we were up by 7 AM.  Fed the dogs and gave Vito his shot.  Spent the morning watching home improvement shows on TV.  Around noon we went to Hamburger Mary's for a burger.  Had a great lunch and then went to Target to look around and maybe do some Christmas shopping.  Discovered rather quickly that this was not a good day to shop, the day after good Friday, because nothing was on sale.  I am not going to pay full price for anything this time of year.  Ended up leaving with only a handful of items and less than $30.   Came home and spent the night watching Curse of Chucky and Iron Man 3.  Both were entertaining enough but liked the movies we watched the prior night better.  Went to sleep around 10:30 PM.

Sunday we again were up by 7 AM to feed the dogs and give Vito his shot.  Read a little of the morning newspaper and then showered and headed out the door to pick up Tony's mom and go have breakfast.   After breakfast we dropped her off at her home and then went to Farm and Fleet to do more Christmas shopping.  Ended up spending almost $300 with most of the items being for Tony (3 pairs of work pants and a car battery charger).   The things I picked out were less than $100 and all will get wrapped for Christmas.  Came home and spent the night watching TV.  Sunday night we watched the movie Grown Ups 2.  What a waste of time watching this movie.  I can not believe some of these people even signed on to such a stupid movie.  Went to sleep after The Good Wife.

This morning I was up by 6:30 AM.  Fed the dogs and gave Vito his shot.  Tony left for work by 7:30 AM.  Ended up getting in a big argument with my tenants this morning. 
Long story short. 
Last night I called to find out where the rent check was.  Was told by the guy that they only had half the rent.  I told them that would not due and they would need to come up with the rest of the rent by Monday (today) and would expect the rent sometime that day.  Well I still had no check as of 10 AM today and it is now December 2nd.  A little after 10 AM she called to see if I would be around so she could give me the rent check.  I told her to leave it on the steps outside my door so I didn't have to deal with her.  A little while later I went to get the check and it was only for half the rent.  Now I had just told her man I would not accept half the rent last night on the phone.  It pissed me off in the memo line she wrote 'December 2013 rent'.  Well, this is only half the rent and if I cash this check it is like they paid the rent in full.  So I called her to get the same excuse that they didn't have the rest of the rent.  Not even saying when they would have the rest.  I started getting mad and maybe said some things I should have kept to myself.  Anyway, when she threw the 'we have 5 days after the first to pay' I lost it.  All I have done for them and she now plays the 'we have 5 days' card.  I told her the lease says the first.  We argued for a while and then she hung up on me.  I went upstairs and pounded on the door and she would not open it.  I then gave her some choice words add 'and you wonder why we can not be friends when you pull this crap on the 2nd of the month'.   If you remember she last week or so wanted to know why we couldn't be friends.  Well this is why.  Because it is a business agreement and not a friendship.  I felt taken advantage of after all I have done for them.  Hell I have spent more money upstairs on remodeling for them and will not collect anything profit for it until February as they pay rent.  I could have handled it better but .... I didn't.  So now I want nothing to do with them and just wish they would move.  The boyfriend called a while later, I gave him some choice words and hung up on him.  He called back a while later to tell me his mother would be sending a check overnight and we would have the rest of the money by the 4th. 
I simply do not like having someone tell me on the 2nd of the month that they don't have the money for the rent they should have technically paid yesterday.  If they were short they could have told me a few days ahead so I could plan and move money around for the house payment that comes out on the 4th of the month.  I still have to make my damn house payment. 
So I really handled the whole situation badly.  Lately any problem sets me off.  I can not handle any stress or anything that rocks the cart so to speak.  Not sure why but I have to get this in check. 
Went across the alley to talk with the neighbor and get her take on the situation.  She said I was fine with what I did and they will now know from this point forward to make sure I have the rent on the 1st.  Hell, I should not have to ask for the rent each month and have had to every month they have been here.  It makes me feel uncomfortable and I just shouldn't have to.  I know its the first, they should also, right?   Go ahead, tell me 'I told you so'. 

No comments:

Post a Comment