Visit My Other Web Page:

Friday, December 20, 2013

December 20, 2013 Friday Afternoon

Spent last night watching an episode of American Horror Story and a couple Tosh.O shows before going to bed.  I love American Horror Story and am going to be so mad when it ends it's season soon.  Did the lovin thing, watched the local news and went to sleep by 10:30 PM.

This morning I was up by 6:30 AM.  Fed the dogs and gave Vito his shot.  It was sleeting when I got up and still is raining or sleeting a little right now as I type this post.  It has hovered at freezing or about 31 degrees all day.  Met the guys for lunch and had a great lunch.  Exchanged small gifts with the guys and got some small gifts from the guys.  Took a two hour nap with the dogs this afternoon.  Tonight we are going to a Christmas Party at a gay bar here in Milwaukee.   The bar always puts out a huge spread of food and there will be a Christmas Santa.  Will go for a couple drink and some food.  One of the lunch guys works at the bar so it will be nice to see him since he was not at lunch, resting for tonight's bar party. 

No plans this weekend. It is not suppose to be nice weather and there is talk of a snow storm, so I guess we will spend most of the weekend indoors watching TV with the dogs.  Will maybe get Tony out one time to do one last Christmas present run, but for all practical purposes we are done Christmas shopping. 

Have not heard from my college buddy and I am having second thoughts about telling him about my HIV.  I think it might have been too soon and scared him off.  Time will tell.

Haven't mentioned my outdoor animal friends recently.   I still put bread out back for the possum but have not seen him in a month or so.  The birds seem to enjoy the bread in the morning.  Hoping he is hibernating and not dead.  The rabbit still is living under the front end of the Cadillac in our front yard.  It comes out daily to eat the bird seed Tony puts out daily for the birds and loves the corn cobs I wire to the fence for him / her to eat.    Nice to sit here in the window and watch the rabbit eat the corn like a typewriter.  I have not seen the last of the two mourning doves in months.  The last time I saw the last living mourning dove it was trying to eat food under the bushes from the bird feeder and all the little birds were trying to get him to move or go away.  They finally chased it away.  So sad.  I fear the mourning doves are both dead.  I actually OK with that since mourning doves mate for life and they were together for almost 2 years, had 4 sets of babies in two summers and the one remaining bird only had to live 6 months alone without the other.   I don't think it is fair for the remaining bird, animal or human to have to live alone without their mate for long.

No comments:

Post a Comment