Visit My Other Web Page:

Monday, June 14, 2010

June 14, 2010 Monday Afternoon

Had for the most part a great weekend. I was not only battling a sinus infection all weekend but a major tooth ache also. Spent the weekend taking Advil Cold and Sinus and pain pills to get through the weekend. We spent Friday night at Pridefest and caught half the Kathy Griffin. She was funny but we were so beat we left half way through her show. She was to come on stage at 10 PM but did not come on until 11:20. Bullshit! She started the show off in her usual style by saying "How the Fuck are you Milwaukee" and the curse words continued. She was funny.

Saturday we went down to Pridefest for the afternoon. Came home and fed the dogs and headed back down to the festival around 7 PM. Ended up closing down the place with Patti LaBelle. She was awesome.

Sunday we had so much going on. Between Locust Street Festival, Pridefest, The Air Show and the Pridefest Parade we were on the go all day going from event to event. We never did make it back to Pridefest on Sunday. Spent the morning watching the Beer Run at Locust Street Festival and stayed until about 1:30 PM. Then headed home, let the dogs out and went to the Pridefest Parade that started at 2 PM. Got home shortly after 4 PM and went back to the Locust Street Festival. We were able to watch the Air Show because the planes flew right over the parade route as they put on their show. Got home from Locust Street festival around 6 PM and between my feet killing me, my sinus's killing me and my tooth killing me we stayed home for the night. Was a good plan because it rained during Joan Rivers on Sunday night. Would not want to watch her show sitting in the rain. Tried to go to bed at 10 PM but was up most of the night with the tooth pain. The tooth was throbbing painfully.

This morning I went to ARCW to wait and see if they could see me at the dentist office. I do have a dental appointment there on Wednesday to get a cavity filled but his pain can not wait. I have had problems with this tooth for so long. It has already had root canals and had a crown. So, I had them pull it. Just told them to get rid of it. Got home a short time ago and went right for the pain pills. I know in time it will hurt. Will spend the afternoon watching TV trying to get the tooth to stop bleeding with gauze in my mouth, not fun. My face still feels puffy from the shots. I am sure it will wear off soon. Pridefest broke all attendance records this year each of the three days. Each year it gets bigger and bigger. It is the only Pridefest in the world with over 150 bands and events scheduled all weekend long. Milwaukee always pulls in the big starts for the even and this year was no different. Off to the couch for the afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment