Visit My Other Web Page:

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

June 29, 2010 Tuesday Afternoon

By noon yesterday the bird I found that had hit the window was still alive but could not lift his head. He would try to fly but would just go in circles. I finally called Tony at work and asked him if he could take the bird to the humane society prior to his doctor appointment at 1:30 PM. Not too pleased he did come home and get the bird and take it to the humane society. After watching this bird for 5 hours try to survive I had to have it happen. Even if he did die or had to be killed, the humane society would do it humanely. Picked a big bowl of black berries growing in the yard. Made hamburger helper for dinner with a salad and spent the night watching TV. I love the show Persons Unknown. Had vanilla ice cream and black berries for a late night snack before going to bed.

This morning I got up and drove to the Sears Appliance Outlet Center to look at refrigerators and washing machines. I think I have mentioned our washing machine has been making a horrible noise for at least 6 months and it is time to buy a new one. Our refrigerator has not kept anything below 39 degrees for some time. Both are about 10 years old so it is time to break out the credit card and replace them. After looking at the appliances for over an hour I finally called Tony and asked him to drive out and look at the appliances also because I just could not decide on what to buy. I don't know if it's the medication or what, but I can not make big decisions anymore. We did not find anything in our price range or liking at the outlet center and headed over to Best Buy. Ended up buying a new side by side refrigerator and a side load 4.0 capacity washing machine. Took out the extended 5 year warranty on both against Tony's wishes. I usually don't get the extended warranty but in this case it is not like you can take a washer or refrigerator in to get fixed. I thought it best and since it was going on my credit card, we got the 5 year extended warranty. Ended up spending $1600 in all for the washing machine, refrigerator and warranty. More than I wanted to spend, but had to happen sooner or later. Spent the afternoon wondering if we made the right decision. They both get delivered on Saturday. The refrigerator will be a challenge to get into the kitchen and fit in the spot it is going. A real challenge. I hope it is even possible. We will have to remove doors and moldings to even have a half inch to spare when getting it through the doorways. After I was home for a while my mom called, got some cleaning done and about 3 PM I went to lay down for a short nap with the dogs when Tony came home to get something. His shop is about a mile away from our house. Since he was home I got out of bed and poured myself a cup of coffee and figured the nap was off. He left and went back to work. Read the USA Today and posting this post. We will most likely go to a car show tonight and eat at the show.

No comments:

Post a Comment