Visit My Other Web Page:

Wednesday, June 9, 2010

June 9, 2010 Wednesday Morning

Yesterday it rained all day. All day from the time I got up until going to bed. It was still raining when I went to bed. Yuck! I got up yesterday hungry so after Tony left for work I got in the car and drove to Mc Donald's to get some breakfast. Ordered the usual, a bacon egg cheese bagel and a sausage burrito. After I got home and ate it all I went back to bed. Slept until about noon and then got up to start cleaning the house a little and get myself showered so I could pick up my high school buddy at Tony's shop at 2:30. He was getting his mirror fixed by Tony so I thought I would bring him by and show him the house. We had not been in contact since high school and just started talking again since my high school reunion last fall. Picked him up and brought him to the house in the rain. We sat around and talked for about an hour about life today and life back in high school. At times the conversation dried up. Thankfully I am good at keeping a conversation rolling or there would not have been much to talk about. We went in different directions. He is in the middle of a divorce after 24 years of marriage. Has 3 kids. He does not know of my HIV status and best to keep it that way. After a long hour Tony called to say the mirror was installed and the car ready to pick up so I drove him back to Tony's auto body shop. We said our goodbye's and said we should keep in touch. Got home and had no energy to cook dinner. Ended up making a salad and a frozen pizza after Tony got home from work. Ended up watching TV the rest of the night. Still raining all night here in Milwaukee. Found a new web sight to download movies. Downloaded the movie I Love You Phillip Morris. It has yet to be released in the United States. Looks like a good copy and we will watch it possibly tonight. It starts Jim Carey as a gay guy. Guess there is a lot of man on man action. Most of the movie is about him being in prison I am told and falling in love with his cell mate. I will let you know how it is after we watch. If anyone wants a copy on DVD let me know via email and we can work something out. It does not look like this movie will ever be released in the United States from what I read. Tony is getting a cold so he is not so happy. I had hoped I would not get it, but I have a feeling today I might be.

Woke up this morning feeling a little under the weather. I hope I am not getting Tony's chest and sinus cold. This weekend is Pridefest and I Will Not Be Sick. The sun is out so that will help today. I do not have anything on my schedule today. I was thinking the last week or so about adding a new feature to the web sight. The story of my younger life. Telling when I thought I was gay and the things that happened along the way as I grew up. It might be hard to read at times but I will be honest. I have said many times that if I had to live life over I would not change much. I feel everything I have gone through in my life is not only interesting, but could help someone else along the way. Look for the series to begin soon. I think I will call it The Early Years and add a bit each day or so. Hopefully the Blue Angel jets will be practicing today for the air show at the lake front this weekend. It is so cool to watch them fly over the house practicing. We have this air show every year here in Milwaukee. It usually doesn't land on Pridefest weekend which is at the lake front also. So it will make Pridefest even better. The air show is right over the festival grounds. Joan Rivers, Brice Vilanch, Patti LaBelle and Kathy Griffin are the headliners of Pridefest this year in Milwaukee. Pretty good people for Milwaukee. Hoping the weather is good this weekend. It looks like a heat wave is coming and will be in the 90s on Saturday. Rain on Sunday. Time will tell. It is always so sad when it rains the weekend of Pridefest making for not a very successful festival. We have been lucky the last few years and had at least 2 out of 3 good days for the 3 day festival. Should go do a little house work. Hopefully I will be back to start the Early Years Series later today.

No comments:

Post a Comment