Visit My Other Web Page:

Monday, June 28, 2010

June 28, 2010 Monday Morning

Pretty uneventful weekend this past weekend.

Saturday morning Tony fixed the upstairs sink faucet while I cleaned up around our house. Bo is feeling great and you would never know he had surgery the prior day. Spent the afternoon taking a nap with Tony and the dogs. Saturday night we cooked out on the grill. Made hamburgers. I should say hamburger. After taking Tony's hamburger off the grill I left mine on to cook it more. When I went to flip it it fell through the grates of the grill and was not something that could be eaten anymore. So I had a bite or two of Tony's burger and a lot of Mac and Cheese. Went across the alley and had a drink with the neighbors for about an hour. Spent the rest of the night watching TV.

Sunday morning around 4 AM another big storm blew through Milwaukee. At one point I thought we were going to loose the car canape to the wind. I made breakfast and it rained until about mid afternoon. We did go to a car show in the drizzle and then to Bayshore mall to get a watch battery. Ended up getting a new battery and buying a new inexpensive watch as a spare for casual occasions. Then went to Kohl's so Tony could be a couple pairs of tennis shoes. I ended up buying two pair of shorts and two shirts. Got home and spent the rest of the day with the dogs sitting in the side yard. Ordered delivery food for dinner and went to bed around 10 AM.

Today Tony took my car to work and is doing some repairs on it. Since the other car at home right now is stick, and I do not drive stick, I am stuck at home for the day. Did my morning routine. Found a baby bird that most have hit one of the windows. It is still alive 3 hours later. I have him laying outside in a shoe box and a towel. So sad to watch him die. I am hoping he makes it but it does not look good. Looks like he broke his neck. I keep looking out the window at him hoping he would just die. Hate to watch him suffer so. Nature is so cruel. I would put him out of his misery if I knew a way to do it and was sure he wasn't going to live. I put the box in the front yard near the bird feeder so hopefully his birdy friends can help him or at least not have to die alone. Wish there was more I could do. Have some projects to do around the house. My black berries are huge this year and started picking a bowl in the morning and than again at night since Saturday. I am freezing half for later use. So far I have put them in ice cream and cereal. Have to get going or I will want to nap soon. Hope my bird doesn't suffer much longer.

No comments:

Post a Comment