Visit My Other Web Page:

Tuesday, June 1, 2010

June 1, 2010 Tuesday Night

Where did the weekend go?

It was for the most part a very nice Memorial Day weekend in Milwaukee. Saturday we did our usual drive along the lake front of Milwaukee in the Cadillac. We no longer put the top down due to the fact I just can not take the sun anymore on the Atripla. Saturday night we sat outside with the dogs and enjoyed the nice weather.

Sunday morning I was waken at 6 AM to the loudest thunder I think I have heard. Looking out the windows it was sunny out. Got out of bed and went outside to see the storm. It was the weirdest thing. The sun was out and there was one dark cloud to the west that was making all the noise. About a half hour later it poured rain for about a half hour. Went back to bed and the dogs let us stay in bed until close to 8 AM. Made some eggs, bacon and toast for breakfast. Took another drive along the lake front in the afternoon stopping for an ice cream cone at the end of the drive. Made some steaks and corn on the cob on the grill with a nice salad for dinner. Made ourselves a drink and went across the alley to sit with the neighbors in the nice evening weather. Took a lot to get Tony away from the TV. At one point he looked at me when I told him we need to be more sociable with the neighbors and said 'do I have to put pants on' as he was in his underwear. Too funny. Yes, I made him put pants on and we sat with the neighbors for about an hour laughing. Watched a little TV and went to bed around 10:30 PM.

Monday was a cloudy day and rained in the morning and later in the afternoon. Was at least warm outside and was not a total wash out. Went to the grocery store in the morning to buy some burgers and chips to take with us to a friends house for an afternoon cook out. At a couples house we have our Friday lunch with. Was about 10 of us and we had a nice lunch and conversation. Enjoyed the drive home from Racine. It did rain a bit on the way home. Was exhausted when we got home so after feeding the dogs we sat back and watched TV for the night.

This morning I had a dental appointment at 10 AM to get a tooth drilled and filled. Jeez, I hate the shots. Once the shots are done I am fine. Before and during the shots I am a mess. Got home and left again to drop off some DVD's I made for my sister at her daughter's new apartment here on the Eastside. My sister was stopping by her house so I thought it better just to have her pick up the DVD's there. Made myself some tomato soup for lunch and took a couple hour nap with the dogs. Five dogs and me on the bed. Much more room without Tony, LOL. The last few night we both have not slept well due to it being so hot in the room and the dogs feel the need to stretch out even more to stay cool. Five dogs and two adults on a king size bed is tight. Making some spaghetti for dinner because I just feel like staying home for the night rather than going to the usual Tuesday night car show at Harley Davidson Museum. Will most likely watch the start of America's Got Talent tonight and go to bed around 10 ish. Hope everyone had a nice Memorial Day Weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment