Visit My Other Web Page:

Friday, June 25, 2010

June 25, 2010 Friday Morning

Feeling a little sad for my sister today.

Thursday morning the vet called to remind me about Bo going in to be neutered on Friday, no food or water after 10 PM tonight. While I had them on the phone I asked if there was any appointments for today to get Barkley's toe nails trimmed. Got Barkley to the vet at 11 AM and had his nails trimmed. Spent the afternoon taking a nap. Even though my tooth is feeling better I still am very tired and have taken couple hour naps all this week in the afternoon. I think my sinus infection is finally going away also. Made a canned ham, mashed potato's and corn for dinner with a side salad. We were going to ride our bikes to the Big Bang Fireworks which we thought started at 10:30 PM. At 9:30 PM we could hear they had already started so we did not get to go to them. All week long the news reports said the fireworks were at 10:30 PM. I think they started them early because there was a very bad accident near there, at the entrance to the Summerfest grounds, on the first day of Summerfest here in Milwaukee. A portion of the brick wall on one of the parking structure collapsed and killed one person, injuring two others. So sad. Had most of the streets blocked for the night which had to make it a nightmare to get down to the lakefront or Summerfest. Went to bed around 11 PM.

This morning I tried like heck to stay in bed at least until 7 AM knowing I could not feed 4 out of 5 dogs and had to have Bo to the vet at 7:30 AM this morning for his neutering. No such luck, got up at 6 AM and watched them stare at me until 7:30 AM. Got home from dropping him off, fed the other dogs and saw a message from my sister. Her dog Breezy has been sick for a long time and she has spent a small fortune trying to keep him alive. She called to let me know this afternoon at 2 PM she was going to be euthanizing him. So sad. Has made me cry all morning since calling her to say how sorry I am to hear the news. It brings back all the pain of my four dogs I have had to euthanize. I know it is never easy. I still have so many regrets about my first one I euthanized. It should not have been done that day. Shadow deserved better. I sure hope there is a heaven so I can see my puppies again some day. On that note, my mom gave me a new book to read last Sunday called Heaven and the Afterlife. I am up to chapter 5 and it is very good. Talks about people who have had near death experiences. Very interesting reading. Going to pick Tony up soon to go have lunch with the guys. Then I will pick Bo up at the vet sometime after 3 PM. The vet did call to let me know a little while ago that he made it through surgery OK. After I get Bo I am sure I will spend the rest of the day and night comforting him on the couch or floor depending on how he is recovering. He hated me leaving him this morning and I hated leaving him also. I bet he thinks his time here is over. I kept telling him I would be back to get him and that this was his home forever and how much I loved him. Poor thing. He will be in pain and need his puppy friends and daddies love tonight. Looks like rain this weekend. It has been hot and the air conditioning on the last few days. Don't look like it is going off any time soon. Tony does need to fix the upstairs tenant's sink faucet this weekend. It is leaking. Other than that the weekend is clear to spend time with Bo.

No comments:

Post a Comment