Visit My Other Web Page:

Monday, February 14, 2011

February 14, 2011 Monday Afternoon

Happy Valentine's Day!

Friday afternoon we had a great lunch as usual. One of the guys didn't show for lunch and I have not heard from him. I will assume he is OK unless we don't see him this Friday. Took a nap in the afternoon. Tony got home from work around 5:30 PM and we spent the night watching TV shows we had DVR'd during the week. Went to bed around 10 PM.

Saturday morning we spent the morning watching our usual TV home improvement shows and reading the newspaper. I think we pretty much spent the rest of the day and evening watching movies. We watched the movies Phoenix, Coffee Date, Burlesque and Poster Boy. All four movies were good. Went out for dinner Saturday night at Palarmo Villa, one of our favorite Italian restaurants. Spent the rest of the night snuggling on the couch with the dogs watching movies. Went to bed around 11 PM.

Sunday morning Vito snuggled next to me around 5 AM. When I went to pet him I noticed his hair under his belly was wet. YUCK! Got out of bed to find he had peed a couple times in his sleep and the morning began by striping the bed to the mattress. Such a wonderful way to start a Sunday morning. Vito is going on 8 years old. He lately has to go to the bathroom a lot and drinks so much water I sometimes take the water away at about 8 PM. I guess it is time for him to see the vet and find out what it going on. Since we were up so early and had the newspaper read by 8 AM Tony gave Vito a shower with his shower, I gave Barkley his weekly shower with my shower. Left the house around 10 AM and took Tony's mom out for breakfast. Stopped off at the pet store near her house and I bought some dogie diapers for Vito. Even if I get him to the vet early in the week this problem of him leaking while he sleeps isn't going to stop any time soon. Not letting him sleep on the bed is not an option at this point either. Anyone with dogs would understand this. You just can't tell them after 8 years of sleeping on the bed with you that they can not any longer. Just doesn't work. Got home and spent the afternoon clearing off some of the snow around the deck since it is above freezing and the snow is starting to melt. Also Tony and I did some cleaning of the spare bedroom. Spent the night watching the music awards before going to bed around 10 PM. Tried like hell to get the diapers we bought Vito to stay on him. You would think at $18 for 12 diapers they could make them so they stay on a dog. We finally gave up the third time it fell off as he moved around the bed and figured we would let him out when either of us got up during the night. I also had taken the dogs water away from them at about 8 PM.

This morning I was up by 6:30 AM. Vito did not pee in the bed but I am sure it is due to the fact I let him out twice during the night and Tony let me out that many times or more. Got Tony off to work and fed the dogs. Read the newspaper and talked to my mother on the phone. They are in Florida for the winter at their condo. Drove to the dollar store to buy some baskets for all the junk in the spare room that is Tony's. Hoping to get some organization in that 'catch all' room. Then I went to the grocery store to buy some food for the week and a little something special for a nice Valentine candlelight dinner tonight that I am making for Tony and I. Making a T Bone steak, potato's, corn and a salad along with a chocolate heart shaped cake. I set up the dining room table with candles and hopefully if Tony comes home from work in a good mood we will have a nice romantic dinner sitting at the table rather than on the couch in front of the TV. Made a vet appointment for Vito for Tuesday morning. I better get out the check book because I have a feeling this is not going to be cheap to find out what his bladder problem is.

Hope everyone has or had a great Valentine's Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment