Visit My Other Web Page:

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

February 15, 2011 Tuesday Dinner Time

Another Valentine's Day disappointment.

Tony came home late from work last night with not even a rose for me. I am so tired of him not taking the time to show his love to me on days like Sweetest Day, Valentine's Day or our Anniversaries. I bought him a card and a balloon and made a big candlelight dinner. He bought me a card last week along with his mothers card. He put what he thought was his mothers card on the dining room table and told me to mail it. Of course when I read it I noticed it was my card and not his mothers. I therefore told him the least he could do is buy me a rose, carnation or daisy for all I cared. ANYTHING! Nope, nothing. I was so mad again I blew out the candle, took apart the table setting, took the chilled wine glasses out of the freezer and finished dinner without another word. We said nothing the rest of the night to each other. Of course this was after the big fight about 'why he has to get me anything at all'. Jeez. Why is it so hard? If you know something will make your partner happy why not do it. You would think seeing a smile on my face would be a good thing. I know when I do nice things for him I enjoy the smile I see on his face. I told him the reason they have holidays like Sweetest Day and Valentines Day is so husbands such as him can show their partners on those days how much they love them since they do nothing else during the year. If you were to look back on my blog for the last couple years you would see he has done this, or should I say done nothing, for every single holiday. Sometimes I really feel I wasted my life with this man and should cut my losses now. Went to bed around 10 PM without a word to each other.

This morning I got up around 6:30 AM and fed the dogs. Let Tony get off to work on his own without much speaking to each other. I took Vito to the vet around 10:30 AM to find out what his problem is with having to go to the bathroom constantly and drink so much water. Brought in a urine sample to the vet. Well, the vet visit did not go well. The urine test was not good. The doctor is very concerned so we had a blood test taken. The doctor thinks from the urine test that Vito might have Diabetes and Cushings disease. WOW! Not good and an expensive road ahead. I get the results back tomorrow from the blood test. If he is Diabetic he will need constant testing and insulin shots twice a day. If it is also Cushings disease we have a worse scenario and not much can be done. Vito is 8 years old. I came home and read up on the information they gave me in tears. Spent the afternoon with Vito by my side listening to music. Around 3:30 PM I took Stella to the vet to have her nails trimmed. All together $200 in vet bills today. I will let you know what the blood results say tomorrow. Making a salad and TV dinners for supper tonight since I am not in a good mood from Tony to the dogs. Looking forward to just going to bed tonight with the dogs snuggling next to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment