Visit My Other Web Page:

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

February 23, 2011 Wednesday Afternoon

Yesterday after doing the regular morning routine I showered and drove to Walgreen's to pick up two prescriptions. Came home and spent the rest of the day cleaning, listening to music, mixing a little music and taking a nap, as well as a bunch of little things that have been piling up, before Tony got home around 5:30 PM. Made a beef roast, mashed potato and corn with a salad for dinner. Spent the night watching the CBC TV line up before going to bed around 10:30 PM.

Got up this morning at 2 AM to let Vito out. As I was standing in my bear feet waiting for him to come back inside the house I took a step to my left and stepped in a wet spot. Half knowing what it must be I hopped on one foot to the sink to wash my foot before grabbing the throw carpet in a bag to be washed. At least the dogs are nice enough to do it on the throw carpet in front of the door rather than on the hard wood floors or worse. My fault since I did not put Vito in his cage because I thought he might be ready to join the rest of us on the bed last night. I was wrong and I figure he got up during the night and no one heard him. If he is in his cage next to me I hear him move around and then can let him outside. I honestly thought this problem would have stopped by now. Better than in the bed? Better if not at all? Went back to sleep and woke up for the day at 6 AM. Fed the dogs, gave Vito his shot, and got Tony off to work. Reminded Tony that tonight we have show tickets to see Hair. Showered and drove to Menard's near County Stadium. I never had a problem driving on the expressways or going somewhere I am not familiar with until I found out I have AIDS and started the meds. Now I hate going anywhere I have not been before or too far from home. Hate all the cars on the expressway. Fear? Not sure but it is what keeps me home and feeling secure. Bought some new window vertical blinds for the living room since the old ones smell like cigarette smoke. Since we no longer smoke the smell is very noticeable in the fabric blinds that have hung since we bought the house. So I bought new blinds and some bird food and drove home. Trimmed the blinds to fit the window and got them hung. I got a white blind with a little brown pattern in them. As I look at them hanging I am not completely happy with the color and I am waiting for two panels to dry that I painted a wood color to set off the blinds a bit more along the top header. Otherwise the wall looks all white, it needed something to set off the blinds a bit I guess is the best way I can describe it. I will have to take a picture of the window when I have it all completed and post it. Made a reservation at the Comedy Cafe for a comedy show as a present for Tony's 50 Birthday coming up in a couple weeks. Figure I will take him to dinner and the comedy show. Going to take a nice long nap this afternoon so I am awake for the performance of Hair we have tickets for tonight. I think I have seen this show before many years ago and was not impressed. After all, it isn't Les Miserables, LOL. Tomorrow I have to have Vito to the vet by 7:30 AM and leave him for the day so they can test his blood every couple hours for the day to see how the insulin is working in his body. It will be very hard to leave my baby there for the day. Poor Vito, I will keep telling him I am coming back for him as I drop him off. It must be terrible for a dog possibly thinking daddy gave me up or something. He will be so happy to see me when I get him later in the day. Also have a board meeting at ARCW in the afternoon. Going to take a nap, it is very hard to make it through a day without a nap. I have to tell my doctor about this the next time I see him.

No comments:

Post a Comment