Visit My Other Web Page:

Thursday, February 24, 2011

February 24, 2011 Thursday Dinner Time

Saw the play Hair last night. It was OK but I did not enjoy this version of the show as much as other versions I have seen. Got home and went to bed around 10:30 PM.

Got up this morning at 6 AM and fed the dogs and gave Vito his Insulin injection. About 7:15 AM Tony and I left the house with Vito to take him to the vet to spend the day checking his glucose levels. The vet took a blood sample and I took him home for two hours before taking him back for the next blood level check. I then left him there at the vet since I had an ARCW board meeting to attend from noon until 2 PM. Right before the meeting the vet called me on my cell phone to tell me Vito could be picked up anytime after my meeting because they were done monitoring his levels. Got my monthly food and some bread from the food pantry at ARCW. I went to the vet to pick up Vito on my way home. The doctor said his sugar / glucose levels are still very high and we need to start doubling the Insulin from 2 units to 4 units twice daily. Was told because of this we will need to monitor him making sure he doesn't have any bad side effects. We need to watch for him throwing up or acting 'drunk like'. If we see him doing this we need to get him to the vet or emergency right away. Great! Was told because we are doubling the dose we will need to bring him back for another day long glucose monitoring next Thursday. I swear they just like our money since today was another $159.00. My next credit card bill is going to be scary. Vito was so happy to see me when the vet tech brought him out to me. Brought Vito home and got him into the house before making two more trips to the car to carry in the food from the pantry. Brought home a couple boxed lunches from the meeting to have for dinner tonight so at least I don't have to cook dinner. Will end up watching American Idol and then The Mentalist tonight on TV before going to bed. The DVR is getting very very full and I am not sure when we will find time to watch everything on it. Had to delete a bunch of shows the other day just to make room for more to record.

I am sure most of you that live in the USA have seen something in the news about all the protests in Madison over Scott Walker, our newly appointed Republican Governor, trying to balance the budget and how he plans to do it. I have held off talking about this because it would require a lot of typing and I am waiting for the outcome. At first I actually was behind him for making the Government Employees pay more towards their health insurance and pensions. Jeez, he is just trying to increase it so employees pay 5% and 12% for those benefits. Every company I worked for in my life I had to pay 40% of my health care costs and the company matched what I put into the 401K. So I have very little sympathy for them on this point. I know very little about the Bargaining Rights, which seems to be the sticking point. What I do know is that the longer the Democrats stay out of the state holding the bill up we are finding more and more about it that really stinks. There is so much more in the bill that is far reaching to the point of health care, ADAP and many other agency related things I depend on. I know there HAS to be cuts and everyone has to take a hit. BUT. Just once I would like to hear one of our elected officials stand up and say ............. From this point forward all elected officials will take the same health care we are offering the public, all elected officials will pay the same social security tax as every other American citizen, that every elected official will have the same pension plan and pay into it like everyone else does. It amazes me that these same elected official in our state and in Washington do not pay social security. Let me say that again. They pay nothing towards their social security. They also receive their salaries for the rest of their life's. They pay nothing towards their health care. I could go on and on but my point is to LEAD BY EXAMPLE. When I see them lead by example I will respect them weather they are Republican or Democrat. So, I guess I said what I think. Should be interesting how this all plays out. I do not trust Scott Walker at all and hope he is a one term Governor.

No comments:

Post a Comment