Visit My Other Web Page:

Friday, February 18, 2011

February 18, 2011 Friday Morning

So last night Tony was to be home by 5 PM so we could have Vito to the vet for our Insulin injection demo. At 5:10 PM I was calling his shop to find out where the hell he was. Of course all I got was a busy signal because he can not hang up a phone properly at work. He blames it on the phones, we have the same phones and I don't have a problem hanging them up. Had to call him on his cell phone to find out where the hell he was. He showed up soon thereafter. Of course a fight started the minute he walked in the door. Got Vito to the vet and after they explained what to do I gave Vito my first Insulin injection. Actually when it was over I looked up at the doctor and said 'that wasn't so bad, I can do this'. Brought Vito home and spent the night watching TV with no words said between Tony and I. I set up a cage next to the bed for Vito to sleep in since I am tired of changing the bedding in the middle of the night. I put the cage on a cart so it was the same height as the bed and he can still see me and be by my side of the bed as we both sleep. He was very good about having to sleep in the cage. I put my fingers in the wires so he could lay next to my hand. About 2 AM I heard him moving around so I got up to see he had peed in the cage. Took him out to go to the bathroom and changed out the pillow case. The doctor says this problem should end soon with the antibiotic and the Insulin. Put him back in the cage for the rest of the night. Here is a pic of the cage next to the bed. Honestly, would anyone else do this much for their pets?
This morning Tony got up at 5:30 AM. I heard Tony in his closet getting his clothes. Like most morning I heard the coat hanger hit the floor as he got his shirt. I got out of bed to see what I knew, the coat hanger still on the floor. I called him back into the bedroom and asked him why if I heard the coat hanger hit the ground he didn't and why I have to constantly pick them up and he does not. Well, as you can imagine the fight started. WTF! I am not his maid or mother. If you hear something fall, you pick it up. You don't just say to yourself 'Dave will get it'. It would be no different than spilling something and expecting someone else to clean up the mess. I went back to bed for a while and soon noticed Kali was not on the bed so I got up to see where she was. I met Tony in the hallway and asked him: Is Kali outside? He said 'I just let her out'. This pissed me off again because I did not ask him when he let Kali out, I asked him IF she was out which required a YES or NO answer. The fight began again. I told him this was another example of how he does not listen to me. I asked a Yes or No question, I did not ask how long she has been outside. Got the dogs food together and Vito's Insulin shot set up. My first try did not go as well as at the vet and I had to reload the syringe with Insulin and do it a second time. Vito didn't not like the second shot but I got it done. I will make a video one of these days and post it as I am giving him the Insulin shot so you can see what is required and how it is done. Tony left for work early, or should I say he fled the house. As he left the house I told him he should eat lunch with his employees today and I would go to lunch with the guys without him. He said 'I will call and let you know' and walked out the door. Called my mom around 7:30 AM and talked with her about how unhappy I am with Tony and how I honestly don't know how much more of this I can take. This morning I have to get outside and pick up all the dog poop in the yard now that all the snow has melted before the dogs start stepping in it and bringing it into the house. The pond ice is almost all melted and I can see all the fish made it through another Wisconsin winter. Not looking forward to this weekend as I usually do since Tony and I are not getting along. Will be a long quite weekend, well maybe.

2 comments:

  1. come on Dave! You and Tony are meant to be together right? Cook him a candle dinner and surprise him after work......

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Dave, in the big picture coathangers and semantics don't matter, it's that you both love each other. I agree with the above, a nice evening together is a good remedy when life gets hard. Sounds like you both need it.

    ReplyDelete