Visit My Other Web Page:

Friday, May 13, 2011

May 13, 2011 Friday Afternoon

Yesterday was a very nice day in Milwaukee. It was in the 70s here near the lake front. In the morning I drove down the street to the local green house and bought a couple plants to put in the pots that hang in the side yard. Since the prices at this greenhouse are very expensive I only bought three plants. Will buy the rest of my flowers at Home Depot or Menard's some time down the road. Planted the flowers in the pots and spent the rest of the day laying outside in the shade on the deck with the dogs, listening to music. Made left over spaghetti for Tony for dinner. I had a salad and a bagel. Spent the night watching American Idol results, Grey's Anatomy and The Mentalist before going to bed around 10 PM.

This morning I was up by 6 AM. Fed the dogs, gave Vito his shot, and left for the hospital to have my blood drawn. Seems like it took forever and she must have filled over 10 viles. I hate getting my blood drawn. I always wonder what the person drawing my blood is thinking looking at what the blood is being drawn for. Picked up a couple sausage burritos at McDonalds on the way home. Spent the morning doing a little cleaning and vacuuming before Tony picked me up to go have lunch with the guys. Had a nice lunch as always. Tony then dropped me off at home and was to return in about an hour so we could go to a funeral about an hour away, west of Milwaukee. After about an hour Tony called to say we would not be going to the funeral because he was to busy at work much less the construction on the highway all the way to Pewaukee is horrible. It was a friend Tony went to high school with. I did not know the person. Was happy to not have to drive all that way especially with all the construction and down to 2 lanes from 3 lanes the entire drive. They say in Wisconsin there are two seasons: Winter and Road Construction. The expressways around Milwaukee are a mess with construction this year. Thankfully I don't have to drive them much any more. Tonight we will spend the night watching stuff we DVR'd during the week. It was much cooler today and foggy at times. This weekend is suppose to be in the 40s and 50s and rainy all weekend. A good weekend to not leave the house if you don't have to. The only plans we have are to move the nephew to his new house and I would like to go to Kohl's to buy some pants that fit me. I think I might have to just throw in the towel for the time being and buy some larger pants that fit. Not an easy thing to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment