Visit My Other Web Page:

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

May 31, 2011 Tuesday Dinner Time

Yesterday we were up by 6 AM. Fed the dogs and gave Vito his shot. As we read the morning newspaper Tony told me he has to go to his other shop and get it ready for the new tenant. He said it should only take a couple hours. I spent the morning listening to music and doing a little cleaning while he was gone. It started out in the 50s and by the middle of the afternoon it was almost 90 degrees. Almost hot enough to turn on the air conditioning. Went for a drive along the Milwaukee lakefront in the Cadillac all the way to the southside and back. Stopped at Dairy Queen for an ice cream half way through the drive. Came home and spent the rest of the afternoon watching the animals on my wildlife cameras and putting the netting over the pond so the babies don't fly into it when they leave the nest. I set up now 4 cameras. One is in the Mourning Dove nest, one is in another bird nest in the roof peak, another is under the fake house in the rock garden to view the rabbit when it is in there, and one on the back yard. The Mourning Doves are about to leave the nest. The past two days the parents have left the two babies alone in the nest most of the day and night. Four days ago when the babies stretched their wings it was all bones. It has been so fun to now see them stretch their wings and they are full of feathers. In less then two weeks they look like mini Mourning Doves. Made hamburgers on the grill with baked beans and a salad for dinner. Spent the night watching some movies on Logo.com. Watched the movies Were The World Mine and Mulligans. Mulligans was a very good movie. Went to bed around 10 PM.

This morning I was up by 5:30 AM. The windows were open and the birds making so much noise outside got me out of bed. Fed the dogs and gave Vito his shot. Before Tony left for work he called me into the living room to look at the wildlife cameras. You could see a baby rabbit in the house in the rock garden. So cute. Spent the morning catching two baby Wrens that flew their nest into the side yard. Thankfully I saw them before the dogs did or they would have been dog food. I scooped the two birds up with a net since they could not fly yet, and carefully put then on the other side of the 6 foot high wood fence so the dogs can't get them. Still waiting for the Mourning Doves to leave the nest. It will not be long. It is still hot in Milwaukee and has now become very windy. I have a feeling tomorrow will be the day they leave the nest. The parents have been such great parents to these two little birds. Took a nap this afternoon and soon I will start making dinner. Making hamburger helper and a salad for dinner. Have to call my mom after this post to talk about our weekends. Tonight we will watch America's Got Talent. I do like this show and it begins tonight. Tomorrow I have to go grocery shopping. Summer has finally arrived in Milwaukee.

No comments:

Post a Comment