Visit My Other Web Page:

Thursday, May 19, 2011

May 19, 2011 Thursday Dinner Time

Watched American Idol last night and then Law and Order SVU. I think one of the girls is going home tonight. I do not like country music at all, but I think the guy Scotty should win. He has the best voice and even though I don't like country music, when he sings you just want to melt. Went to bed a little after 10 PM.

This morning I was up by 6 AM. Fed the dogs, gave Vito his shot and soon Tony was out the door to go to work. Spent the morning transplanting a small pine tree to the back yard. I then could not believe my eyes. I was looking at the Mourning Dove nest on camera and I watched the baby crack out of the egg. I think there is just one egg in the nest. The baby moved a little and I watched the Father bird move the shell out of the way. A little later he flew away with the shell to clean the nest. The Father has been with the bird all day. When he does leave for a short time I can see the baby moving in the nest. I read the Father takes the day shift and the Mother the night shift, taking care of the eggs and babies once they hatch. I am a nature lover and having this camera set up to watch this is really cool to me. I can't wait till the baby gets bigger as the days go on and watching the parents feed the little baby bird. So cute. Now I just have to cover the pond in two weeks and keep the dogs out of the side yard when the Mother decides it is time to push the little darling from the nest. I watched a baby bird last summer make it's first flight right into the pond. I tried saving it with mouth to beak breaths but had no luck. It was so sad. It's first flight from the nest and it died in the pond. There are a lot of birds nests in the peaks of our house and roof. Each summer the dogs bring me a couple lifeless bird in their mouths. I am sure they are not dead when they are found it in the yard. So sad. Had a board meeting this afternoon for ARCW. It was OK. Got more bread at the pantry for the freezer. Making an Oncore frozen dinner for supper tonight. Will watch American Idol Results show and then the two hour Mentalist season final. I will DVR Grey's Anatomy, Big Bang Theory and Rules of Engagement. Tomorrow is Friday already. Jeez do the weeks just fly by. I can't believe we are already past the middle of May.

No comments:

Post a Comment